Prime Go best controller for outdoor impromptu fun

No wall outlet power? No generator? No problem Prime Go goes well with Soundboks.

4 Likes

that’s dope!!!

Have you tried using the xVive to connect to the Soundboks, so no cables at all? Not sure about latency, although I think I read they’re somewhere near to 4ms.

I have 2 pairs of Xvive U3. They work but are not as good. its noticeably lower volume. Most likely needs a amp to boost. If you look at the Prime Go in the photo you see Xvive in the microphone input. Use to make SM58 a wireless mic.

Soundboks has built in SKAA transmitter and receiver. Prime Go wireless connected to with SKAA transmitter. To me its better than Xvive because I only need 1 transmitter for 2 speakers or with a different SKAA transmitter 1 transmitter for 5 speakers.

Now quickly googling SKAA technology…learn something new everyday!

I see you can connect multiple Soundboks using SKAA, cool if it can be used for the source too.

Enjoy the Go. I ‘may’ get mine on Tuesday! :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

@kaleo10 - Do you happen to have a link to the stand you have your Go on in the pic?

Cheers!

Just bought a new stand for Prime Go, the UDG Creator Laptop/Controller Stand Aluminium.

UDG stand is way better than the “A-Stand” in the photo. A-Stand is all plastic, UDG is aluminum that makes UDG 4x the cost of A-Stand.

UDG is still in the shipping process so I dont really now how much better it is but it can be adjusted a lot more, can be raised higher. A-Stand works but its plastic and I dont want to put a 1K controller on plastic.

…but it doesn’t have a slide out drink tray :rofl:

1 Like

Either stand takes away the portability factor of the GO. If you’re going to take a laptop, an effects unit, a radio mic receiver, a wireless speaker transmitter module etc, most of which don’t run off of batteries, you might as well use power cables and a powered smart console, like a prime 2 or 4.

@Stedwards – I am more looking for something to give my Go a bit a rise and a bit of tilt when using at home on the desk setup I have, not really for taking with me anywhere.

Thanks @kaleo10 for the info and links!

From another thread…

https://community.enginedj.com/uploads/default/original/2X/2/25d24e7be44e732606b369b52182524c240fbd97.jpeg

Oh Nice another option too – Thanks!

Both stands collapse to fit in the UDG Slim backpack, making it all easily portable. Also in backpack is wireless transmitters to connect to speakers and microphone.

i use this

2 Likes

what is called? got a link?

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07XNG1YY3?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

1 Like