Prime 4 with both Soundswitch and Resolume

Currently trying to figure out a connectivity problem. I have a prime 4 linked to a macbook running Soundswitch 2.0 (for moving heads/scanners) and Resolume Arena 6 (for video, pars, and led strips). When I connect an external advatek card with an ethernet cable (being used to export up to 32 dmx universes from resolume to control the led strips and 3 standard dmx universes that I use for pars by treating them as pixels of the video), I lose my input to soundswitch. (the little circle by engine prime in performance mode). The prime 4 is connected to an ethernet port on a thunderbolt hub, while the advatek is connected to the built in port (late '11 macbook).

Hi @rsquared and welcome to the forum.

I’ll consult with the tech team and get back to you ASAP.

Regards Jay

Hi @rsquared, the tech team we’re able to replicate a similar scenario and are looking into it.

I’ll keep you posted

Regards Jay

Sound Switch support helped me figure out that running them on two seperate networks (one from an ethernet port on a thunderbolt hub and one from the computer was the problem. By adding a switch to the computer hub and plugging both into the switch, it works.

2 Likes

I’m researching this too. But what type of switch do you mean? A switch that can switch between two ethernet ports and switch between then? I need a solution where I can use Resolume AND Soundswitch at the same time also. The computer recognizes both connections. Is this even possible?