PRIME 4 TO Streamlabs OBS

The €20 Behringer works with mobile devices as well. It’s class compliant.

You will need the Camera kit connector for iPhone or OTG for Android

1 Like

Guys, how can I convert the XLR output (Both) to an RCA connector to connect it to the input of the sound card (or other devices)?

Get a cable that does that.

1 Like

Thanks. :+1:

Yesterday I looked for cables to convert XLR to RCA, but the results obtained were all to convert RCA to XLR, that is, to use them as RCA output and input in amplifier with XLR connector. Those models connect two pins of the XLR connector together, so they are good for entering XLR but they are not good for exiting XLR because they short-circuit the negative pole with the ground.

Instead these recommended seem right: they specify from XLR to RCA.

2 Likes

I know. You need to get the right one.

You will need Female XLR for the booth end and Male RCA for the soundcard end.

1 Like

I know, I know … like a broken record … but I maintain that the Yamaha AG03 is THE solution if you want to stream AND add a (phantom-powered) microphone with extensive EQ/FX/Compression options to your setup AND have a high-end (24-bit/192KHz) desktop usb-(powered) soundcard AND mixer with recording options (lite version of Cubase included) and have some extra redundancy when playing out as a mobile DJ.

I still consider it one of the best investments in gear I made in the last couple of years.

Yamaha AG-series - The Why.pdf (373.3 KB)

Good tip, but to the best of my knowledge streaming services will broadcast at 128kbps.

Was highlighting that as part of the “extra’s” this unit has. For example recording your own stuff and post-producing it, just to mention one option. Or playing back high-end audio over your connected monitors.

1 Like

I bought a zoom q2n4k to do this and I hope I dont need to come here and ask for help…

But witch one is the right cable? Can i use for example the ccabel from the big t.?

Regards from Germany

Update: I followed this youtube video on getting my setup running: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vnVo0vOz44&list=LLzPzt7AAK4Gp27JZ6JjVAjQ&index=2&t=0s

The important thing is to look for a cable with XLR FEMALE connector on one side and the RCA MALE connector on the other side.

There are also on the market converters from “XLR FEMALE” to “RCA FEMALE”, they must be inserted in the BOTH output (or whatever you want) and you will get an RCA connector available to connect a classic RCA cable as happens in connection with systems Domestic HIFI.

You could also stream via VirtualDJ.

The software supports streaming directly. No need for OBS.

I believe the Prime 4 is now fully supported in VDJ, screens and all (they recently made a Prime 4 screen skin available, which automatically loads when the P4 is connected).

Are you sure? I downloaded VDJ over the weekend but Prime 4 was not present among the implemented consoles.

It’s not native yet, but the mapping and the screen skin are available. People are using it and discussing on the VDJ forum…

You need a VDJ license of course.

I’m using XLR to 3.5 and I get humming\static sound in OBS. I purchased another cable and same thing. I also tried it on master and zone out. no issues with either out to speakers. W11 all drivers and firmware up to date. Not sure what to do. Here is a link to the video with the sound. That sound is with nothing playing. If a track is low you can still hear it.

Any advice would be great. you cant push audio over the blue usb cable that comes with the player anyway?

That doesn’t sound like much to worry about. I had to turn up my speakers to hear it. Once you’ve got music playing, nobody’s going to notice.

You could try RCA to 3.5 because you don’t need a balanced signal and it’s more likely to be consumer level -10dB than the +4dB from the XLRs.

You can get audio over USB when using the Prime 4 as a controller - but the level is very low.

I was doing more research and It appears that some on board audio can have issues like this with electrical crosstalk. they recommended moving the audio off the motherboard so I just ordered a soundcard pci. Fingers crossed.

Hi,

I recently purchased a prime 4 controller. I’m sending xlr to 3.5 jack to my onboard audio in. Using that to connect to obs for streaming to Twitch. When connected I get a buzzing sound with no audio playing that takes up to 25% of the audio level. I purchased another cable from another manufacture and same thing. I put it in master out and booth out same thing. When the speakers are connected I get no issue from them. Link below to me audio testing on twitch if you want to hear. Motherboard is a x570 pro wifi asus Tuf. Windows 11 all driver and firmware updates are done. Any advice would be appreciated.

Here is so you can hear whats going on.

@Lopan sorry, I’ve merged it here. Thought it was double topic? Can’t tell really.