Prime 4 Soundswitch + Ethernet

Hi guys, this is my first time posting so apologies for any noobness. So I have my prime 4 and laptop connected via ethernet and I’m trying to link soundswitch up etc. I’m having trouble doing so. For some reason I can’t get my laptop to pick up the prime 4. Any help would be much appreciated. Happy New year everyone

Hi @SuperLazy - welcome to the community! :slight_smile:

Check out this video. It walks through the whole process.

If you still need help after watching, just let us know where you got stuck and we’ll help out.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, its much appreciated! So I’ve followed those steps in the video (and more) but I can’t get my prime 4 unit to communicate with my laptop. My understanding is that my prime 4 would be telling my laptop what song I’m playing and what fader is up etc and then adjust the light show accordingly… Again I’m not the best with the technical side so any input is much appreciated.

Thanks again and happy new year!

The prime 4 plays a song, reading the meta-data aswell. Meta-data include (BPM/Key/Tags & in your case, the Soundswitch Lighting file). -Did you analyse your library in Soundswitch before re-adding the drive into your Prime 4? -Is Soundswitch opened in “Performance-Mode” on PC? -Did you turn off your WI-FI? -Is the DMX-Dongle connected and recognized in Settings? (Gear on top right site -> Hardware)