Prime 4 & serato!

I’m hearing a possible Serato DJ Pro update on Halloween that makes the Prime 4 compatible with Serato!..Hoping this is true…Never looked so forward to Halloween in my life!..lol

2 Likes

Hi, why ? Denon prime 4 internal software is way better than Serato. we ´ve bought it as a wonderful standalone unit… As usb controler Pioneer products may be better… and smaller :wink:

1 Like

Do you have something that validates your theory or is it just wishful thinking on your part?

It’s the way forward

Mmmmmm… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunglasses:

The Prime 4 unit hardware is indeed wonderful, but the software needed to “feed” this wonderful unit (Engine Prime - EP for short) must definitively be the worst in the market today, by a long range.

Having made a living on IT, I would not classify it even as alpha quality. So much, ahem, basic stuff in need of a serious overhaul and, while the developers do introduce new features every once in a while, it seems they should better use their development time, fixing the basics like waveform analysis, BPM, better workflow to keep libraries synchronised between the computer running EP and the Prime 4, the list goes on…

2 Likes

This about sums up the ONE thing that is holding Denon back from competing with Pioneer.

Strangely, with Inmusic owning some of the best brands, it seems this would not be an issue.

Mixmeister has one of the best BPM algorithms around.

I’m glad you feel that way about it!..I purchased the Prime 4 for a couple of reasons, first and foremost because of the build quality and sound. Secondly, the capability to use Serato. I’m coming from the MCX8000 model which I absolutely loved!

3 Likes

@JWiLL…I Love You right about now sir!!! Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.