Prime 4 saved Serato cues n loop

I need help importing my Serato dj saved cues n loops. I’ve already install my drive to inside the prime 4 unit Won’t it automatically analyze n ver (1.41) Or would I’d have to run serato folders threw prime engine first to Recognize save cue n loops Someone please run down the proper step by step, thank you for your support!

Hello DjKenny,

Your drive needs to be formated in Fat or ExFat system in order to be fully functional. You can deal with the music on the drive in couple of ways:

1. Install the drive in Prime 4 and then connect the usb to the computer, switch to computer mode, run Engine Prime on Your computer and start exporting files to the drive in Prime 4.

2. Put all the files by hand on the drive (when it is connected to the computer or via the usb connction with Prime 4). After You coppied the files to the drive, run Engine Prime on the computer and ask it to analyse the tracks on the Prime 4 drive.

Method 1 is faster.

If you need your Serato Loops and Hot Cues imported

1. Make sure you are starting with a clean Engine Library. No songs added directly or via iTunes

2. You can do this by renaming the Engine Library folder on both internal and external drive

3. Start up Serato DJ Pro, Select all tracks, refresh/scan Id tags, if you have any missing files (shows in red) either delete them or relocate missing files.

4. Exit serato DJ

5. Start up EP

6. Go to the serato tab in ep and refresh serato library

7. Select all tracks and add them to EP collection

8. That way loops and hot cue will be synced over

Please Note

1. Once a song is already part of EP, if you make any changes in Serato eg extra hot cues, they can’t be transferred to the same track in EP collection. Current workaround is to delete the song from Engine Prime collection and re-import it for new cues etc to show.

2. If you add a serato crate to EP collection, and you subsequently change stuff in the crate when using Serato, you have to delete the crate from EP and readd it.

I hope I answered the right question :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

First thing… My engine prime app on my MacBook Pro will not load to start the process, I’ve tryed Re downloading it like 4 times just to make sure file wasn’t corrupt “And nothing happens” I’m running OS X 10.11.6

What are the system requirements for Engine Prime?

Windows:

Os Version: Windows 8.1 (64-bit) or Windows 10 (64-bit) Processor: i5 2.0Ghz or faster Memory : 4GB RAM or more Video Card: Intel HD Graphics or better Sound Interface: DirectX Compatible Interface Free Space: 150Mb available for application

Mac:

OS Version: macOS 10.12, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.14 Processor: i5 2.0GHz or faster Memory: 4GB RAM or more Sound Interface: Internal sound card or Core Audio compatible interface Free Space: 150Mb available for application

That’s the current system requirement, El Capitan is not supported