Prime 4 not working as controller

Hi, I recently moved my DJ setup from a Mac to a PC, and my Prime 4 seems to not like that. Whenever I plug in my Prime 4 to my PC and run it in “computer mode” with Serato open, it starts up perfectly, allowing me to control Serato as it should. However a problem arises whenever I try to select something with the controller.

Whenever I select something, my computer makes the windows “device disconnected” and reconnected sound about 4 times before the Prime screen will go black, reading only “Computer Mode.” During this time, everything I do in Serato (play a track, change a track, etc.) will still send to the Prime 4, sending audio out of the device and changing colors/ lights on the board itself, but I will be unable to actually use the board for any input.

I am up-to-date on the Windows driver and Prime 4 update (1.4.1) as well as Serato. I am plugging into a USB-3 port that I know has no issues.

Check if Your computers usb is not going in to power saving mode and disconnecting the device.

Have you anything else plugged into the USB ports

Yes, I have plugged in a VR headset, so I know the USB port works and is able to handle data transfers

There might be too much power being pulled out of the usb bus so try plugging in the controller only

The Prime 4 is the only thing being plugged in. I was just saying that in the past, I have plugged in the headset, so I know the port is able to power devices enough