Prime 4 froze after update

I have just updated the software on my Prime 4 and now the screen is just stuck saying Engine OS and didn’t reboot after the update, I tried holding the power button on so it turned off but on turning the Prime 4 back on it’s still stuck on that screen. I have an internal SSD in the unit, not sure if that would or should effect anything. Please help.

What version did you update from & to, and what method did you use to do so?

Try removing it and booting the console without the internal HD. I noticed that many guys who have problems with the P4 also have internal HD.

1 Like

Hi, downgrade to 1.5.1 and wait before upgrading. The p4 has some lacks but works perfectly with this firmware. Preview will wait for final 1.6 version

Can’t do anything, won’t allow me to get back into the main menu just stuck on a black screen with Engine OS writing version 1.5.2

Hold EJECT and power on. Does that work to get it in update mode?

Not sure what the old version was sorry, new version is 1.5.2, connected the Macbook Pro with USB cable, opened the software on laptop and then went to up date in Utility. It did all the updates but didn’t reboot after and just have black screen with Engine Prime 1.5.2 on it, no lights on the decks and can’t get back into any menu. Tried turning power off and on and still the same, tried running update again but won’t without getting back into menu on the decks.

Try to upgrade firmware using a USB stick and the appropriate firmware. Sometimes when upgrading using PC or MAC, problems happen. Then force the firmware update mode as Reese told you above.

Hi Reece got home and tried that and it does nothing, acts like its going to shut down and hear a fan or something start up. But when you release the buttons it returns to the black screen saying Engine Prime OS and nothing works, need to know some kind of a hard reset. I have tried turning the power off and when starting up again try to run an earlier version of the software but it doesn’t detect the unit and I can’t go into anything on the Prime 4 as you would to accept the update.

I hope they are fine, my p4 is frozen, a message appears that it is not connecting some peripherals.

help please