Prime 4 and Engine prime workflow suggestions

I am currently using rekordbox as database management (coming from XDJ-RX2) using Itunes as source. Then I load the rekordbox library into the Prime 4 internal 1tb SSD. The Prime 4 succesfully imports all my rekordbox playlists and Cues upon boot. I currently only use Engine prime 4 for Batch analysing that collection. I currently have a couple of issues/feature requests.

1. If I update my Rekordbox library adding new songs and resync with the Prime 4 SSD, it will import the whole collection again. This is fine, however if I have changed cue point, loops etc on the Prime 4 itself, they will be overwritten by the new Rekordbox import. It would be great to have an option in the Prime 4 menu to “do not overwrite excisting cue point/loop points” on Rekordbox (re)import. At this time I have to prepare the Cue and loop points in Rekordbox but often during performance I create them on the fly on the Prime 4 and would like to maintain them.

2. Rekordbox includes the Sync manager. Engine prime does not. This the main reason why I am not moving to Engine prime yet. When I import Itunes to Engine Prime indeed I have to manually drag each playlist in to the Crates/Playlist again (first removing the old playlists and re-add). Then also drag them manually to the SSD or USB stick. This needs to be done EVERYTIME I update/refresh the itunes library in Engine prime. Most of the time only adding a couple of songs. It would be great to have a sync so that Engine prime recognizes added/changed songs/playlists and they will automatically be synced. (Like Rekordbox Sync manager)

3. Engine prime to have color coding (so I can determine track energy levels)

4. Engine prime to have smart playlists based on tag criteria (comments,genre,album,grouping etc)

2 Likes

Hi @djpremacy and welcome to the Forum!

Thank you very much for these suggestions and comments, I think most of these have been requested in our Feature Request section: https://community.enginedj.com/c/feature-requests

Denon DJ are always listening and we created this new area to help give everyone a central voice. Please take a look and if you see your request in there, if so please LIKE the original post and feel free to add any comments you wish below.

If the request is not there please feel free to make a new post!

Regards Jay