Prime 2 won't start, seemingly no power

Hello!

After my vacation, my Denon Prime 2 won’t boot any longer. It seems completely dead actually; when I have the same power cable as always plugged in and try to turn the power on, literally nothing happens at all. Having it connected to the computer with the firmware updater program running obviously doesn’t help either, because the computer won’t see the controller unless it is powered on.

I have tried searching for ways to do some kind of power reset or factory reset with some magic key press combination. What I found was a similar issue for a Prime Go where apparently if one long-pressed the Eject button for a few seconds and tried to power it on, which apparently would put it into “update mode”, and I hoped that would be the case for the Prime 2 as well. But nothing happens.

Do you know of any way to achieve something similar? It seems to be literally dead. Only thing that I have done with it is having it stored in a case while being away, and then now a few weeks later and using the same cable as always it just doesn’t start anymore.

1 Like

Obvious question: have you tested the extension cord or the wall outlet with some other electronic device to be sure you don’t have a blown fuse in the house?

(yeah, been there, done that)

1 Like

Hehe that’s always a question worth asking because you never know! So thanks for asking :smiley:

I did try a couple of different outlets which all works for other electronic devices so it is not that at least.

I have a friend who’s an electrician and will help me later next month working his magic in terms of at least ruling some things out, so while he perhaps won’t be able to actually fix it, at least he may be able to boil it down.

Meanwhile if anybody has any ideas then let me know!

Probably no help but can you try another power lead that plugs onto the Prime 2. It’s only a standard kettle plug. You may have one from another appliance or computer just in case the existing cable is faulty.