Prime 2 Serato compatibility

Will the prime 2 ever be compatible with serato just like the prime 4 is? I think considering the price for the prime 2 this should definitely be compatible.

You need to ask Serato. It’s the software that need to support the hardware.

1 Like

Hello, thanks for replying :grin: so is there any way of using any software that is compatible with prime 2 so that I can the decks as a controller to the laptop?

Virtual Dj works with Prime 2 already. But why to add a computer to already great system like that?

2 Likes

And he or she will be told that…they (Serato) are waiting for Denon DJ.

Serato support has always been at Hardware manufacturers request.

And this approach hasn’t changed since launch of Serato Itch and Serato DJ.

I will not be surprised if there are legal implications for supporting a product without explicit consent from the manufacturers. Especially if you are the market leader!

So it’s okay for the Poster to seek information here.

The S7 mixer recently announced is already supported by a new release of Serato.

This is a deliberate and calculated decision by Denon DJ not to bring in Serato for the Prime 2 yet!

1 Like

All I know is that Denon released an SDK for developers, and Atomix used that to add support for the Prime series.

To me that implies Denon have invited developers to support their products. Serato presumably used said SDK to add support for the P4, so it seems to me that the ball is in Serato’s court.

1 Like

Like i said in a previous post, this is not Serato’s modus operandi.

They want a seat at the table, get a cheque…

SDK or no SDK

1 Like

Serato may well want money from Denon before they add support - but it’s still them that have to add it, not Denon.

The original question was:

The answer to which is - the hardware is already “compatible”. Denon “unlocked” the Prime series for use with software a long time ago.

Simplest solution at this time - use VDJ instead. Use of the software via the Prime screens is better for a start.

2 Likes

So I know it’s possible to link beat port, sound cloud & Tidal via the prime 2 which is great, however it’s not possible to record any of them through the decks so how would you create & record a mix that you are able to put out on social media and show others your work?

Also I have just attempted to use the laptop with the decks and a message has come up saying “The following peripherals did not come online during boot” can some please Help with this?

Buy and download music you intend to use to profit from, even if it is just for exposure on social media. There is a legal reason why you cannot as should not use streaming for that and gigs.

3 Likes

Also I have just attempted to use the laptop with the decks and a message has come up saying “The following peripherals did not come online during boot” can some please Help with this?

If you now start the console in standalone mode, does it work?

Usually when this message appears it is not good news. Sometimes it is solved with a firmware update (better if done via USB key), other times the console must be sent for repair to Denon technical assistance.

Ill bounce this, Numark just announced Serato support for the mixstream pro, hopefully means this gets it too.

Serato DJ Pro with the new controller MixStream Pro+ and not with the MixStream Pro !

Not according to Mojaxx, its compatible with both, check his youtube short

1 Like

Ok !!! It’s very strange !! But where is the point of having 2 MixStream products ??? :thinking:

I just saw the short video! :roll_eyes:

I have to add this: Serato INTRO support for both Mixstream Pro and Mixstream Pro+

If you want to use Serato DJ Pro with it you will need to have STANDALONE licence. So again a reminder: if you are currently using Serato DJ licence that came with your SDJ controller/mixer you will not be able to use it Mixstream and Mixstream+, you will need to buy a separate standalone licence.

Reason for that is because the Serato DJ Pro licencing fee was not included in the retail price of the units, if they ever extend support to Prime 2 (highly doubt it btw) you can count it will be the same.

2 Likes

For that pointless Amazon streaming chip by the looks of it.

1 Like

this is a good point SFM. ive had my license for years, back when it was about 60 quid, its 5 times that price now i believe.

@SlayForMoney, Thank you for that clarification ! We may have this possibility with the Prime Go in the absence of VDJ who knows!

Ah yes well seen STU-C !

1 Like