Prime 2 Randomly stops playing, then reboots

I was playing at home for about 3 hours. I left the final song playing while tidying up. While playing, the music just randomly stopped. I checked the screen and it was rebooting. This would have been disastrous if I was playing at a gig. Like many of the tracks I played in my set, the track was a Traxsource download. I have read on the forums that this has happened before on the media players but not on the P2 to my knowledge. I have the version 1.6.2 software and all tracks are analysed and stored on internal ssd. There was a SD card in the slot but not used.

1 Like

can you please do a bugreport with mp3 file send to this?

maybe you could also look onto your sd-card or ssd drive to find a coredump. If there is a cordump, too … please send it also.

So Denon-Team can investigate the reason for the crash. Cheers Dark.

Hi @melcarrol ,

Thanks for the report, we shall investigate.

Kind regards, Clive

Hi, I just wanted to add after starting a track not even half way through the track the whole unit reboots then plays fine after the reboot.

This happened to me during a twitch stream… I had both players playing, and i was mid-blend in the transition between the 2 tracks, when both tracks were ejected from the players. then the Prime 2 auto rebooted. I was stunned. Plus, my mic runs thru the prime 2, so i couldn’t even explain to my viewers what was going on until the reboot was complete and I could see my library again. it was embarrassing as hell

So and then ? No answer ? Still the same bugs and denon doesn’t listen his custumers what a shame

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.