Prime 2 crossfader not working as it was

I have the same issue!

X-fader doesn’t work No X-fader in menu either OS 2.1.1

Is this an “official” bug?

1 Like

I contacted Denon DJ support directly with the link below four days ago but I have not heard anything back yet.

https://www.denondj.com/support

Thanks! Will Watch this thread

1 Like

I have finally got a reply back from InMusic support.

They asked me to confirm the following:

• Update method for firmware update (Windows, Mac or USB)
  • If you updated via computer, please confirm OS version and processor model.
  • Have you tried reinstalling using a different method? For example if you updated via computer, have you tried re-installing via USB?
  • Have you tried rolling back to v2.1.0? You can download previous versions of firmware by scrolling down on the Download page HERE. If so, does rolling back restore functionality? If you haven’t tried this yet, please do so.

I have let them know I have tried updating via USB and computer with three different firmware versions and the crossfader still doesn’t work.

1 Like

Decided to ring Denon Support today and got an email back after the person spoke with the engineer about this problem, It seems they have no clue what the problem is.

Quoted text from email

I believe the best option for us in this situation would be to book this unit for an assessment with one of our engineers.

This would usually be chargeable, but once the assessment has been made and the fault is clear, we can then look into any concessions to be made.

Please see below for all the necessary information and the process on how this works with us.

1. You send the unit into us via post/courier (after we have booked the unit in and provided an NRN reference).

2. One of our engineers has a look at the unit and asseses the fault. He will then draw out an estimate of how much it would cost to repair it, including any necessary parts and labour.

3. Once the estimate has been written, we would then contact you for approval.

4. At this stage if you choose to approve the estimate (which would include any parts and labour charged at £15.00 for 30mins work plus £10.00 shipping back cost) we would go ahead and carry out the work and then send the unit back to you. The labour to fault find and draw out the estimate will not be charged if you choose to go ahead with the repair.

5. If you choose to reject the repair, we will have to take payment from you for the engineer labour for drawing out the estimate (£15.00) plus shipping and handling costs (£10.00). Once payment is complete, we will ship the unit back to you.

It is hard to say how much it would cost to repair your unit without one of our engineers having a look at it first. The minimum it would cost if you choose to go ahead with the repair would be £25.00 if no parts are needed (min £15.00 labour and £10.00 shipping).

(Please bear in mind that all costs above do NOT include VAT).

You can book your unit in for repair with us by providing us with ALL of the following information.

Denon support are saying no one has reported this as a problem and are denying any existence of this problem. For some reason the support staff are also denying the new feature allowing people to disable their crossfader that has caused this problem.

Wow…My Prime 2 is brand new. Ridiculous if I have to get it “repaired”.

I would suggest everyone with this problem ring support.

Support numbers can be found here. https://www.denondj.com/support

That’s ridiculous.

I wonder if it was something to do with your crossfader status pre upgrade, or the position of the crossfader assign buttons that has caused it? Essentially causing some glitch.

No way am I sending mine back.

I am going to take mine back to the shop where it got fixed for a new jog wheel on Thursday.

I live in Cyprus now and Denon expect me to ship it to Germany and on top of that pay for repairs that they have caused.

I’m working from home later in the week, going to try reverting firmware to see if it gets it working. I’m convinced it’s some glitch caused by the existing controls.

I have just tried the v2.0.0 firmware and I now have a working crossfader/through buttons with the x-fader option.

This is 100% a firmware issue. https://cdn.inmusicbrands.com/engine/v2.0.0-15b1c3c275/EOS%20USB%20IMG/PRIME2-2.0.0-Update.zip

I have tried updating with every update in order but once I install v2.1.0 the crossfader gets disabled with no x-fader option.

I don’t think the crossfader/thru buttons work correctly when I get them enabled.

Ah wow, back to 2.0.0 it is then, i dont think there was anything of relevance in the latest update for Prime 2 users anyway was there?

Main updates we will be missing are compatibility with Windows OS (Windows 11) and a Mac OS (macOS12, also added Sync fixes.

Are you able to confirm if the thru buttons are working as they were.

I’ll be doing it tomorrow morning then will let you know how it’s working.

1 Like

Ive downloaded that firmware file, where can we find these older versions? or do we have to contact Denon support for them? is there an archive?

Download them here.

Ahhh cheers man I can see it now, scroll down to the version then download…

I’m just doing mine now back to 2.0.0, I can now set either A or B on the buttons (and reverse them) but Through mode doesn’t work, it just throws everything to the left side and nothing on the right side, so crossfader left = both tracks playing through, crossfader right = nothing, this was what it was doing when I was on 2.0.0 before.

There is definitely some crossfader firmware issues here. Im sticking on 2.0.0 for now anyway.

Exactly the same issue I am having with the thru buttons. I only get music from the left side.

I am using v2.0.2

1 Like

Ill have a look at 2.0.2 to see if anything in the release notes is significant enough to do another upgrade… im just hoping whatever the issue is, is ironed out for the next patch.