Prime 2 clicking noise

hi. once again, not sure if this is in the correct section, but here goes.

I noticed a little while after getting my unit that there seemed to be a clicking noise coming thru whenever I played music in stand-alone, as well as via vdj.

when I record my work thru audacity the clicks are visible (see picture) and definitely audible. the noise is also present when you record via the internal recording function.

also when I cut the volume down to zero on the faders, you can still hear audio (albeit faintly) coming from the speakers.

any ideas why this is happening?

thanx in advance

Do you have photovoltaic system installed at your house ? Then it comes from the inverter. On daylight it should be more noticeable than when it´s dark outside. If this is the case, you need a ac-power conditioner. If this is not the case, you can look if your audiocables go near network or other cables with data.

I’m afraid that I actually have NO idea what that is.

the cables that I use are the supplied, out of the box, usb cable. and the xlr mic v& speaker cables are brand new. they also do not run near any other equipment.

hmm … ehm … you can also check this: if you are recording with internal mode, unplug the usb cable from computer to prime. check if that cancels the noise. if the clicking is still there … then it could be something internal your prime, so it has to be checked by denon, or a local repair center.

on my side it was the photovoltaic inverter, which induces a static clicking noise. after installing a powerconditioner-plug, there it was quiet.

ok thanx. I will try that👍🏾

1 Like

Good day @esSBee,

you mentioned “AUDACITY”. I use this tool as well, and I hear some clicks as well.

I found out the reason as follows:

When Audacity and a Chat Programm or e-mail Programm like outlook are running simultaneously on your PC and you are informed by a signal about something in the chat room or incoming mail, this signal will be repeated via AUDACITY into P4 and will be amplified.

After detecting this reason I stopped other Apps and no disturbing noise was heared any longer.

Phps.this will solve your problem …

Brgds

BeatMaster

hi @BeatMaster. I will check this out also when I’m back on the unit.

thanx

Sometimes there is also a buzzing sound from graphics-card to hear. then you can try to use a dark screen mode in recording. also stop all other programms is allways a good option. :wink:

I never encountered that kind of issues with any daw/audio interface or a computer… Is this issue reproducible somehow?

I think it´s only reproducible with weak audio cards and weak audio-cables. If you use onboard audio, there is sometimes the problem with cpu and gpu noise induced. For myself, I have an external ASIO Studio-Audiodevice (Tascam US20x20)… I don´t hear buzzing sounds when recording on this, but when I switch to my internal soundcard … there is some noise. (But that noise can be filtered with the tools above. Powerconditioner, Mantelstromfilter (sheath current filter).) A good soundstaging is also essential.

I also use this … for Audio input & output : DTI - Dual transformer-isolator (DI-Box). This little box is allways a good companion for my equipment. If you need XLR our but have RCA … you can convert this … or if you have RCA output and need XLR you can convert it from this side, too.)

you can also use this as a distributor, while you plug XLR in … and have output XLR / RCA / Jack and also to the other side …

OK, I understand now. I have very good grounding in my house, and Traktor Audio 10 was the worst audio card I used so far, so never encountered any issues. My PC is on separate phase than any audio equipment, and laptops don’t have any issues like that… at least I didn’t had it…

You are totally correct, that good soundcard makes a big difference in audio quality and noise filtering. Also running balanced signal from the mixer to the soundcard can make a big difference…

1 Like

Moin @DJDark,

thanks for your info. My configuration (P4; Presonus, Lenovo and AUDACITY) are working properly, after shutting down all other programms, which are causing troubling sounds.

I hope, @esSBee is reading your message as well and it may be helpful for him solving his problem.

Brgds

BeatMaster

1 Like