Previewed tracks playing in headphone cue and collectively in single channel out

• Product: sc5000m
  • Software Version: 1.4.1
  • Steps to Reproduce: n/a
  • Expected Result: Player 1A should cue when channel 1 is selected and should play only one track when channel 1 fader is up.
  • Actual Result: cueing resulted in ever previewed track to play at once, almost as if they were cached somewhere. When I put channel fader 1 up, those tracks all played.
  • Reproducibility: n/a
  • Additional Notes: communication between the two sc5000m and x1800 has been laggy. “Updating” is consistent on the player without the drive attached; e.g. player 1 has usb drive, player 2 will start to lag and show the error.
  • Link to Video Repro: sc5000 glitch - YouTube

Reprucabiliity n/a makes no sense

n/a: not available; as in, I cannot reproduce it since I haven’t been able to figure out the pattern of actions that cause the issue. This isn’t isolated and it happens every so often.

Never experienced it, so I’m tempted to say it’s not a bug.

A proper bug can be reproduced, not happening incidentally for a single user.

Is the OP using fader start?

To me, that’s like saying Covid-19 doesn’t exist because you’re not sick.

A software bug is an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways. Most bugs arise from mistakes and errors made by people in either a program’s source code or its design, or in frameworks and operating systems used by such programs, and a few are caused by compilers producing incorrect code.

Now a glitch is a short-lived fault in a system. It is often used to describe a transient fault that corrects itself, and is therefore difficult to troubleshoot.

Whether it’s a bug or a glitch is why I’m posting to the forum. It’d be nice if someone at Denon could look at what I experienced and see how that was possible. For example, how can multiple songs be played out of a single channel at once? How the computer processes the information in a sc5000m is out of my scope but the one’s who wrote the code may be able to explain how multiple tracks were able to cue and play out of a single channel.

Don’t really understand the reasoning, but to answer this:

The source code of Covid-19 has been in the system since the sixties. The bug can be reproduced and tested if it exists in a unit. It is definitely not a glitch in the system. While it feels that the bug is very damaging, the bug isn’t even more damaging than the seasonal released bug.

On-topic:

It is hard for a developer to find a glitch, link the code and resolve it. It would be nice if you can reproduce the steps that caused it. That way finding the culprit code could be faster.

For that, you’d need to (self) isolate the steps that make the event happen - and you’ve skipped those steps in your form. Other reports have had really good step-by-step button-by-button listings of how anyone, at denon or at home, can see the thing you’re mentioning for themselves. Like: power on, choose a track, wait for whole track to load, wait for play button to go solid green, press play, hear music start and waveform start moving , press x, but instead of x happening y happens, press cue to stop playback and all that and so on.

Sometimes you can help yourself and others by maybe isolating what ## Doesn’t get affected. Like you may find the issue never happens on tidal tracks only hard drive stored tracks, or it never happens on tracks less than 5 mins long, never happens on mp3 only flac, or never happens to tracks bought from iTunes, only tracks bought from beatport or tracks from a buddy

Few things with computers fail randomly, there’s usually some pattern to it all

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.