Press Release - Engine OS & Engine PRIME Public Beta v1.6 Now Available!

ENGINE® DJ EXPANDS CONNECTIVITY TO THE CLOUD AND THEIR COMMUNITY WITH DROPBOX AND BEATSOURCE LINK PUBLIC BETA

The latest public beta release from Engine DJ allows DJs to access music stored in their personal cloud from anywhere in the world directly from the hardware via built-in Wi-Fi or Ethernet.

Ft. Lauderdale FL, USA (Sept. 3, 2020) - Engine DJ, a leading developer of cross-platform DJ software solutions, today announced the availability of Engine OS v1.6 public beta. The latest version allows DJs to access Dropbox and BeatSource LINK services directly from any Engine OS device. Engine OS v1.6 also adds two highly requested features: flexible beatgrids for all devices and track preview for the Prime 4. Accompanying Engine OS is an Engine PRIME desktop update that adds Dropbox integration and flexible beat grids as well as Serato DJ Pro and rekordbox 5 beat grid import.

Engine OS and Engine PRIME v1.6 public betas are available today for free in the Public Beta areas of the Official Denon DJ Forum. Users are encouraged to put the betas through the paces and provide feedback. Denon DJ is excited to collaborate with their users to ensure the latest features and integration workflows satisfy the needs of their diverse and passionate user base.

Highlights of public beta v1.6 are as follows:

Dropbox Personal Cloud Integration (Engine PRIME, Engine OS)

Adding to its industry leading standalone streaming capabilities, Engine OS takes the next logical step - personal cloud storage with Dropbox. With Dropbox integration, DJs can now store their personal music in the cloud through Engine PRIME and then access remotely on any Engine OS device from anywhere in the world. Just like streaming services, tracks loaded from the cloud are downloaded in their entirety before allowing playback to ensure that playback is never interrupted even if your internet connection is. For more info on Dropbox and their storage plans visit: https://www.dropbox.com

Beatsource LINK Streaming Service (Engine OS)

Open format music streaming for DJs is here with Beatsource LINK. Partnering with top record labels around the world, Beatsource LINK provides a variety of open format music and playlists curated specifically for DJs. From any Engine OS device, DJs can browse, search and play Beatsource LINK’s extensive collection without the need of a computer. Beatsource LINK offers both optimized (128kb/s AAC) and advanced (256kb/s AAC) playback options. As with all streaming services, performance data such as BPM, Key, Hot Cues, and Loops are saved to the DJ’s source drive and instantly recalled the next time the track is loaded. For more info on Beatsouce LINK visit: Welcome - Beatsource LINK

Flexible Beat Grids (Engine PRIME, Engine OS)

Engine PRIME v1.6 now has the ability to manually add beat grids to songs with varying tempo or multiple BPMs. Users can now place various tempo anchors throughout a track to change the track BPM or manually correct a fluctuating tempo. This is useful for aligning the beat grid for old vinyl rips or assigning multiple tempo sections for tracks that have intentional tempo changes such as transition up/down or multi-genre tracks. Engine OS devices running v1.6 will automatically detect tracks with flexible beat grids and apply BPM changes to all decks that are in sync.

Track Preview (PRIME 4)

The ability to preview a track directly from the library is now available for Prime 4. DJs can now tap the album artwork from the tracklist to quickly preview without having to load the track first. Additionally, users can tap across the track title to ‘needle-drop’ audition different sections of the song. This is a huge time saver when browsing for the next song, especially in the most critical moments of the mix. Track Preview also has protection measures in place to ensure that a previewed track is only played in the cue mix and not to the audience.

Download Engine PRIME Public Beta v1.6 - HERE

Download Engine OS Public Beta v1.6 - HERE

“The ability to access and play music from one’s personal storage cloud has never been possible on a standalone media player, until now.’’ said Jason Stout, Product Marketing Manager for Engine DJ. He added, “Our Development team anticipated this day through well thought out product designs and we’re delighted that we’re able to provide these new abilities as free updates to our users.”

Disclaimer: Please note that this is a beta release which is still undergoing final testing and development before official release. Features and functionality within this release are subject to change without notice. As with any beta, be sure to create a backup of your collection prior to testing and use only in controlled environments. All feedback should be reported on the Official Denon DJ Forum and not on social media channels.

About Engine DJ

Composed of cross-platform software solutions, Engine DJ offers intuitive desktop music library management and the most technologically advanced embedded software experience for standalone DJ hardware.

• Engine PRIME - A computer based software that simplifies music collection management and media device preparation for Engine OS standalone devices.
  • Engine OS - A hardware embedded standalone platform that expands workflow and performance creativity for both Engine PRIME prepared media devices and music streaming services.

Find out more at http://www.enginedj.com/

About Denon DJ

With over a quarter-century of creating innovative, ground-breaking technology, Denon DJ is committed to the betterment and growth of the creative DJ’s workflow. A prioritization to engage and interact with the global DJ community, added to world-class customer support, shows Denon DJ further defining the future of professional DJ performance.

14 Likes

Amazing!!! Simply Amazing!!!

3 Likes

Very nice!!! Will try it tonight…already installed Engine PRIME on my laptop, so far so good! Congrats guys for all the hard work!!!

1 Like

Thank you team. Even if it’s a beta i will update my p4 as I was in 1.4.1 waiting for track preview to update.

Great news and I will send my feedback for sure.

1 Like

Hi Denon Team, there’s a very basic problem on the PRIME 4 (it has been ignored for too long) please rectify in the main 1.6 release. RECORDING COME OUT TOO DAMN LOW, having Dropbox integration is fine but do something about the recording please

There is a separate subject for this, please do a search and don’t litter another subject.

1 Like

Dude, avoid me it’s been way too long and several updates yet the recording is being ignored.

Poster is acknowledging the new features and expressing disappointment that a feature he is waiting for did not make it.

It’s ok to me.

1 Like

I agree. It’s disappointing that long standing issues have (seemingly) been ignored in favour of new shiny features.

• No way to adjust recording level (96 votes)
  • No mic in headphone signal (135 votes)
  • No adjustment of BPM (122 votes)
  • No way to copy/move files between sources (160 votes)
  • No fix for FX broken in previous firmware

…and that’s just the OS. The EP software has even more issues.

4 Likes

For the flexible beat grids, do we need to reanalyse songs to pick up the odd bpm sections?

[padding text to comply with forum restrictions]

There is a subject for this - no need to trash other posts. Want the feature to be added - give Your vote on the feature request.

HERE: https://community.enginedj.com/t/adjust-prime-4-recording-level/14357

@mufasa - I don’t see any acknowledgment - just complains about the feature that is not mentioned in the original post.

1 Like

@NoiseRiser :point_up_2:t5:

That looks like an acknowledgment of the latest features to me. :wink:

1 Like

Ouh, sorry, You see, it had slipped my view, as most of the comment is just complains in not the best manner…

1 Like

its understandable. we are all here for the same thing to push denon to the limits and enjoy djing in our own personal way.

2 Likes

Cool, think its time to get my old Street soul etc collection sorted once and for all, flexible beat grids, nice one, many thanks.

Sad too see such issues for you or lack of Features and functions, Be patient i have been waiting 35 years for such future Tech to evolve and as it still is, they are not going to let these issues slip and i think they have speeded up somewhat with Update and upgrades of lately. But its a double edged Sword i want it all now too :grin: But that is then were more bugs etc can get overlooked or not fixed as expected, you get the idea so no point in being abrupt about it and lets face it i have encountered Much software and hardware that has diabolical support, hang in their and smile it could be worse, you could have to ware a facemask haha!

all the Best people…

Hello all, I updated from 1.4.1 to 1.6 today. As I am not using streaming services I wanted this update because of track preview mostly. So… Track preview was implemented PERFECT!!! Thank you Dev team. But I have to mention that I also tested the fx2 roll issue happened to 1.5 firmware to many users and roll does not work as on fx1.

In any case BRAVO dev team. 1.6 seems very good.

I noticed a new sc5000 library option in preferences called “collection browse behavior” (Select or Open). I’m Not sure if this came with 1.5.2 or the beta 1.6 I’m using now.

Can someone explain what this is?

1 Like