- What is the feature or ability you would like to have?
See the tracks in the prepare list merged from all connected libraries, regardless of which library you are currently on.
The prepped tracks remain stored on the device, as now in parts within each library, but the Prime shows a merged preplist when navigating. When a device is ejected, the ejected tracks will no longer be visible in the preplist. The prepare list will remain saved on the device though.
The prepare list is automaticly saved to the library of a device. When the device is connected back a question could pop-up: Library on (SOURCENAME) contained tracks in Prepare. Would you like to:
- Merge into prepare (to restore a previous Prepare in its original order, if the same devices are attached to the Prime.
- Put them at the top of the Prepare (place the tracks to the top of Prepare)
- Put them at the end of the Prepare (place the tracks to bottom of Prepare)
- Ignore (Discard the saves Prepare of that source. Once you have selected Ignore the crate data is lost forever (of course the tracks are still in the library and can be sent to the Prepare all over again).
In this way it is possible to make a complete preplist without constantly having to switch between devices.
On top: Streaming tracks (Tidal) could also be added to this preplist. When the connection is broken, the visibility of these tracks is hidden again.
- How will this feature help you and others?
- Much quicker access to all prepared tracks (saved requests), less need of switching devices
- Prep some songs you need on another device, so no need to switch device over during perfomance
- Possible solution for streaming tracks in Prepare
- The ability to easily send tracks from different libraries to zone in 1 go
Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product? Some Numark products share the Crate (their equal of Prepare)
Does a workaround currently exist? Keep switching sources to see the other prepped tracks
How often would you use this feature? By default
Is there any additional information you’d like to add?
Perhaps I create other request topics for this, but I would also like to see:
- The option to send a complete Crate or Playlist to Prepare
- A shuffle icon besides the clear icon to shuffle Prepare list (handy for zone out or continous playback)
- When Prepare is cleared a question could pop-up to clear complete list or current library
- When a track is loaded from Prepare an option under the 1 2 3 4 load icons to SWAP with deck so you could play a current loaded track later (quickly insert requests from prepare without losing your current loaded track)