Portable external mixer with EQ - recommendation for Prime GO

Thank you kindly for your time and resources

1 Like

UPDATE:

At a recent small party I DJ, I tested out the ports better on my Roland Cube EX. This time, instead of using the line in, I used AUX in.

What a difference. It worked quite nice and the speaker gave a nice spectrum of sounds. It appears that the line in has the sound going through the amp and is designed more for microphones. For the AUX, you cannot use the speakerā€™s volume or the EQ, which is fine. You control it all at the source; in my case the Prime GO.

I still had to crank up my base all the way to make it sound good. The sound was then really nice. But my original point stands; I feel (and other DJs have also recommended this on youtube) that having a separate small DJ mixer would be ideal, on which to set the EQ with regards to the speaker used, which then frees one to actually use the EQ creatively on the Prime Go, as intended.

Because I do parties often that are offgrid, it was a pleasure to have both such fine pieces of equipment (Prime Go and Roland Cube EX) work flawlessly for hours on batteries. Thus, for my purposes, I will be seeking a small mixer that either works with batteries or can be charged via USB plugged into a Li-ion power brick.

Cheers!