POLL: What operating system is on your Home / Preparation computer/laptop?

It would be great if many of the regular forum members could indicate in the poll below which operating system(s) they use on their main Home/Preparation computer. Whether that computer comes with you to gigs, or stays at home, it would be really good to know who is using which operating systems.

• Windows 7
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 10
  • Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
  • Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan
  • Mac OS 10.12 Sierra
  • Other / Older

0 voters

Wow ! Thanks for all the replies so far. Thatā€™s really great ! 22 votes already.

Anyone else like to add in what Operating System theyā€™re using ?

Oh andā€¦ Voting wiseā€¦ What was the ā€œOtherā€ Operating system that was voted for ?

Iā€™m guessing that most people are on 64bit now too (?)

64 bit yes, hopefully denon got them proper 64bit drivers, and windows 8.1 is my ā€˜other osā€™

What are the system requirements for Engine Prime? Windows: Os Version: Windows 8.1 (64-bit) or Windows 10 (64-bit) Processor: i5 2.0Ghz or faster Memory: 4GB RAM or more Video Card: Intel HD Graphics or better Sound Interface: DirectX or ASIO Compatible Interface Free Space: 150Mb available for application

Mac: OS Version: OS X 10.11 or macOS 10.12 Processor: i5 2.0GHz or faster Memory: 4GB RAM or more Sound Interface: Internal sound card or Core Audio compatible interface Free Space: 150Mb available for application

Does Engine Prime support 32-bit Windows? Engine Prime currently only officially supports Windows 8 and Windows 10, which are almost exclusively 64-bit. Because of this, we are currently only supporting 64-bit Windows platforms.

Does this include windoes 8.1?

Yes.windows 8.1 is covered. Only 64 bit

1 Like

Well, Iā€™m not going to update my Windows machine past Win7, nor my Mac past Yosemite (itā€™s the last OS to run ScratchLIVE flawlessly). So far, Engine Prime is running fine wā€™ the Win7 (64bit) machine, as well as wā€™ the Mac (64bit) running (10.10) Yosemite.

Win10 & Sierra are wack for a number of reasons.

1 Like

I run Win 7 also, no problems with Egine Prime.

The architecture of Win 7 is similar to Win 8 and 10, there is no real reason 7 cannot be officially supported. As long as you are using the 64 Bit version.

Appreciate there are countless software and hardware configurations, that could cause issues. But that is true with any system.

Support for Win7 is scheduled to be discomtinued in or around 2020 from Microsoft , quote me if I am wrong ?

There are still many companies using Win7, my last company only went over to it in 2013. Have got around 16,000 PCā€™s worldwide.

Win10 is getting there, though I still hear of compatibility issues, especially with audio equipment.

Win7 had the same issues in the early days, but has become very stable over time.

Win10 will get there.