Player Suddenly Restarts

Hey Boys and Girls!

Since i updated to 1.5.2 for my SC 5000m i got the problem of suddenly restarting at 1 gig.

what could be the problem of suddenly restart and stop playing sounds?

As explanation: My Gear was standing for 2 other DJ’s. The first one played and bam suddenly the player stopped working only “Engine Prime OS” was shown and both player were about to restart. I mean this was not such a huge Problem because it was just a private party but nevertheless it ■■■■■ when this happens when your are completly in your flow. So. After this DJ is started to playing myself about 1 1/2 hours and nothing happend. DJ after me had the same problem as the first one bam suddenly no sound and it restarts.

I must admit as far as is seen it both DJ’s (which sets were before and after me used very “bad”/“Cheap” usb sticks. Could this be the problem or can i resolve the problem?

Hope you could help me about this issue.

Bad USB sticks could be the matter, also corrupt music files or databases …

Had that issue last night too. Three interuptions of playing deck during 7 hours - is a ssd portable drive. I think i will downgrade firmware because never had that issue with that drive on old firmware

1 Like

Yea, thats a try.

I was able to replicate the error with another ssd drive on 1.5.2. (rekordbox 5 large database 14000 Files - Unanalyzed Engine Files) - The error happens if you stress the Engine Prime during Analyze a file.

After rollback to Firmware 1.4.1. i was not able to replicate the error anymore

2 Likes

Brilliant. Thanks for sharing the tip :100:

You mean Engine OS (on the player, not the computer)? Also, what exactly are you doing to “stress” the player whilst it’s analysing?

Hey Nick!

i have to test this out. thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Yes i was analyzing few songs in a row on both decks and playing them during analyzing

I had this issue as well. I think my players was also stressed by the fact both was analyzing tracks connected by network on the opposite player.

Same issues here, And both my players happened to not read the pendrive / just hanging there. Power cycle solved that too - only played 1h when first restart happened. And honestly, this looks like an unhandled exception, even with cheap shitty drive, it must not reboot, we talk about a pretty advanced HW. software has to have error handling :slight_smile:

Does not happen on 1.4 latest

hi there any news ? i’ve got a player thats is always resetting… is the 1.4.1 firware really steady ? do i have to downgrade the engine prime software AND the sc5000M ? and how to do that? ( can’t find the 1.4 anymore)

Hi Quentin, 1.4 for sure. It never restarted neither had any read issues for me with it.

Here click on the player, you will see all the versions. Downgrade works as upgrade, just copy the file onto an USB, go to settings and initiate SW upgrade.

Hope it helps, I wait for 1.6 I hope it will be super polished. I love the gear, but so far this forum did not show any real progress for me :frowning: We collect bugs here, but no real feedback from denon as I see. For a HW in this price range, I would think they put more effort into the releases and the “fan” base :slightly_smiling_face:

ok then thank you , but did i have to downgrade the engine prime software as well ?

Has this happen today too. No biggie will just not use the RB drive. I have started to move over to engine any how’s. Nice to see there is a simple cause and solution

Hey Boys and Girls,

since i’ve resetted my denons back from 1.5.2 to the previous version i had no problems like that. :slight_smile:

hey , So the 1.4 is ok ?

Sorry for the big delays, no, I use the newest from the Prime software on the PC. But players stuck on 1.4 until they release 1.6 - I hope that will be stable :frowning: I’m kind of afraid they will focus on the stability of SC6000 and SC5000 users will have issues until we decide to change company :frowning:

1 Like

1.5.2 is actually stable on my SC5000’s and 5000M’s