Player analyzing slower than the other. Also the screen brightness is different

I’ve had my players for a while and they seem to be functioning pretty well. But it has bothered me that the screen brightness differs from each other.

I have checked the internal settings and they are set identically so the screens should look identical.

The bigger issue though is that the loading and analyzing times on the players are MUCH slower on the dim player.

Both players have been updated to the most recent software (2.0.1 at the time of this post).

The screen brightness issue has always been there but I kind of just blew it off. But the loading time is harder to ignore.

Anyone else experiencing these types of issues?

Thanks.

Have you tested with the same USB stick/external SSD plugged directly to each player? Linked player will always be slower.

Well I think I figured out part of it. It seems if the USB is directly plugged into the unit it’s faster. The linked player loads slower.

I tested by switching the usb to the other player. It’s a very obvious difference. My old Pioneer XDJs seemed the same no matter what. ( sorry to drop the enemy brand gear but just a fact).

I can live with it if Denon continues to refine the Engine software.

Now for the dim screen.

In regard to the screen brightness i raised this with my supplier and Denon customer support a few months ago and i recieved this reply.

Hi Matt,

We have a customer who has a SC6000m which was purchased from from us. He’s been happily using the unit in dual layer mode until this week when he has taken delivery of another unit. As you can see from the image below, the screen on the new unit (on the left) appears to be far brighter. Is this something you’ve seen before across different batches of product? The customer mentioned that he noticed the screen was dimmer than his SC5000Ms, but he assumed this was just due to the change in screen.

Hi Gavin,

Thank you for your email. Billy informs me that a rolling change was made to the display in later units to increase the brightness to accommodate increased visibility in brighter environments, the brightness can be adjusted in the menu setting to balance any glaring differences between the two, bearing in mind that the difference is negligible, if you bought two units together now they would be the same in terms of brightness output.

It’s slower because you’re analyzing tracks on loading to the deck. Computer-wise, it’s a much slower process. If you analise on Engine DJ (on your computer) and you export to usb media, it will load very fast on both players.

Thanks. Definitely makes sense. But does it bother me OCD wise. I appreciate you sharing this.

Yes I understand the difference. Thank you for your input.

1 Like