Playback stops on Beatport Link, requires restart

Hey gang,

I tried searching so apologies if this has appeared elsewhere.

I have an issue on a single SC5000 where randomly it will stop playing Beatport Link tracks (and then anything after that). Here are my symptoms:

• Player works fine off multiple sources (local USB/Beatport Link) for up to hours on end with no problems.
  • Beatport Link track will load, I press play, waveform does not move and no audio is heard.
  • Play/Pause LEDs will change from flashing to static and beat/phase markers move as if it knows it’s playing, but no sound or waveform movement.
  • Only seems to happen when playing from Beatport Link. Changing sources back to local USB after this has occurred has no effect - behavior is the same.
  • Only way to recover is to restart the player.
  • Only occurs on one player (my other SC5000 hasn’t had this issue.
  • Once player is restarted, everything works fine again.

Has anyone experienced this or similar or have any ideas?

Happy to log a support ticket if necessary. Thanks!

Do you know what the WiFi signal was like at the location at that time? And what other broadband use was happening there in other rooms?

Have you tried things with a cable to broadband instead of WiFi ?

WiFi signal is 100%, no other use on the network at the time. Again, the adjacent player does not have these issues.

Hi, just wanted to add to this that I experienced exactly the same behavior as the OP. One Sc5000 (connected to port 2 of the ethernet hub on the mixer if that makes any difference) happily playing beatport link tracks, and then randomly stopped playing everything.

What was interesting is that I was able to press the play/pause button to return it to a stopped state (despite it not actually playing anything), open the browser and load a new track, however, just as the OP stated, it would not actually play the track.

A restart of the deck resolved the issue, but it is concerning as I was part way through a set. Can also confirm the second deck was absolutely fine throughout, and the network was up and running fine.

Was this issue ever resolved?

I am running the latest firmware release (1.6.2).