Pioneer XDJ-XZ 4 channel standalone controller to be released tomorrow?

Lots of talk about this on the interweb. German site had it up briefly before removing it again. Price around 2300 euros.

Potentially looks like channels 2 & 3 are purely standalone with the other 2 for line in and midi. Mind you the Prime 4 can’t mix sources at all by the looks of it.

The leak picture look promising for a pioneer product and the jog are lot better than the Prime 4 :grimacing:

The blind follow sheep’s will buy it but it will have all the pioneer mistakes built in. Too expensive, too plastic, bad mic channels, rubbish screen, rubbish touch screen, undurable play/cue buttons, undurable platter microswitches and probably a power supply fault like their T(raktor) and S(Erato) controllers had.

I think it will not be a touchscreen at all. Is the RX2 touch?

Looks absolutely boring…

Denon must have something more interesting up their sleeves. :muscle: I want a sneakpeak :joy:

Same old same old as usual. No innovation.

Prime 4 would be so much more attractive if Engine Prime stepped up and got BPM and beatgrids sorted.

1 Like

Yes, sort of :neutral_face: But to be honest… RX2 7" touch is not multitouch, response is slow and feels like a PDA from HP from 2001

Okay so resistive touch. Thanks for the info.

Value for money is not bad for Pioneer. The complete absence of innovation is strange, though. Kinda throws 3 year old NXS2 features (+DDJ-1000 jog screens) into a all-in-one unit.

Don’t think Denon have anything to worry about.

1 Like

I think that Lego will have more to worry about with this , rather than DenonDJ lol

I think they have been back to the drawing board at Pioneer since the SC5000 and that they use this model as an interim solution, since people are screaming for 4 deck standalone (but there is also a catch on this one, see below).

At the moment, in my eyes, Denon is seriously ahead of Pioneer in terms of hardware, features and Denon is much more progressive (luckily for us).

Then looking at this model, the XZ. It seems that this is again not a complete 4 channel standalone. Channels 3 and 4 are only suited for use with a LINK (computer or linked Pioneer player) or line/phono input. So no USB playback on those channels (at first side)

In addition, you again miss the number of line inputs that the prime 4 has (4 line, 2 phono) against 2 line/phono + aux on XDJ-XZ.

Pioneer has SEND, but misses ZONE. Pioneer uses TRS for booth instead of XLR.

Pioneer has 2x USB vs Prime 4’s 4x USB + SD. Pioneer has fixed FX, against expandable effects from Denon,

The wins for Pioneer based on the early pictures: I see a feedback reducer, but Denon could kill that in the software, I see Master EQ, but Denon could kill that in the software…

I could go on for a while, but this interim solution by Pioneer is certainly not going to be for me. It only shows me how far Pioneer is behind. The biggest downside is that only 2 channels of standalone are usable. Not that I’m anti Pioneer, but this release against a Prime 4 is again typical the Pioneer way of giving less for more money.

A reliable source of mine always stated that a true Pioneer 4-channel standalone would never come. It would compete with its own CDJ+DJM combination.

Two extra XDJ’s are needed for standalone 4 deck playback without computer.

And let me guess… it will have the jog bend deadzone with no option to turn it off and no pitch ranges between 16% and 100%… oh, you know, like 32% (6+10+16 LEDs) with 0.1 increments that even Pioneer faders could handle. And they will still have boost over unity on the master volume with no option to get rid of that. That company just doesn’t listen. They could literally implement all that just with firmware fixes for everything they’ve put out that is USB-capable, but they’re resting on their laurels and believe their dominance will last forever.

It’s only compatible with Rekordbox lol

Nope, It’s both. The videos are out. Man that was fast. Ugh those jogs are nice.

It’s really only a 2 channel, no hard drive, tiny screen. Prime 4 miles ahead of the weak competition

Yeah, just got the email from Westend DJ.

I’m a bit underwhelmed to be honest. I thought this might have been innovative and pushed things on but it’s just more of the same in a different chassis.

I had been holding off in case this was some revolutionary controller but I’m disappointed.

Just gonna stick with the MCX8000 as it does pretty much the same thing but for a lot less money. Being a video DJ the standalone side is just backup for me anyway.

I still don’t feel good about the Prime 4 however. Just feel it needs a bit more work… and of course no VDJ support is a major issue too.

DJTT also think it’s just the same as the MCX8000. Not just me!

Doeas anybody actually gives a f*ck about this “new” crap unit from pioneer?

Well it’s creating a buzz on Facebook and of course the Pioneer fans will be all over it.

I wouldn’t say it’s carp, just not very innovative for the price.