Philips Hue Lighting bridge is connected but lights aren't changing or responding

Sounds good! If I may suggest an idea that just crossed my mind, maybe one could make use of the hot cue buttons to get some direct access to the color override when in the lighting GUI or maybe (with a shift function) even when outside the menu, normally playing.

Cheers!

Nice, thats a cool idea man!

Thanks Matthew, deleting all but one Ent Zone and reconnecting the bridge got the lights to respond. But as I write this I notice that my lights have stopped responding midway through a track. I have looked on the settings and it says Philips Hue is disabled. I was listening to some music, watching them change and writing the first line of this response. Then they stopped. I restarted the machine, moved over to a wired connection and then about 60 seconds into another track they stopped responding again. So they don’t seem to stay connected and active very long for me at the moment I’m afraid.

hmmmm that seems odd as we’ve run Philips HUE for over 48 hours without issue.

Are there any other devices that are connected to or trying to connect to Philips HUE?

No, not running anything else on them at the moment. At first I thought it was a WiFi issue as I noticed the signal had dropped even though the access point is about 10ft away. So i went wired and it did the same. Just reporting my experience. I’ll play with it more tomorrow.

Unfortunately I have the same issue as many noted here using a prime go and trying the various options listed.

I can see the hue hub and hue lights just have no control.

The modern household, including myself, has multiple devices that may need to talk to one another / Hue lights e.g. Alexa, Sonos, SmartThings.

I hope this can be resolved asap as this was a really nice touch which I am now disappointed it does not work after a few hours of changing settings, connections and rebooting etc.

Thanks

Noted.this should be an easy fix and will be sorted in a soon to be released fix.

1 Like

I have an identical experience here as you. First nothing worked and then I closed down other ent areas and lights worked for a few minutes with manual test but then nothing and they all stopped working again.

@Matthew.W Ok its getting worse now, just had a completely unresponsive deck 2 with a track from Tidal whilst testing Hue lights again. Stopped about 10 seconds in and then wouldn’t restart. Changed the track twice and wouldn’t play. Have video!

So I rebooted and played the first tune again. This time played fine but Hue lights stopped again. Again have video.

This is on my Prime 4 by the way.

No video attached.

Sorry I was just saying I had it. Have to give a link as I can’t get my mac to convert it to a smaller size for some reason. https://share.icloud.com/photos/0NHXvVqIOAhURGHsp5cbfGHcg

OK and this is only happening with Tidal Tracks or is it also happening with MP3 etc?

I only ever stream and that track was a Tidal track. My unit did have a previous issue last year from new where tracks would occasionally stick on deck two momentarily. It went back and you returned it saying ‘no error found’ although there obviously was an issue as i have video evidence of it, however I haven’t had any issues since it came back (which was the end of last year) until this morning. I’m not a heavy user though.

hmmmm not seeing this in our testing.

We have 4 tidal tracks loaded to all decks, mixing through all tracks, loading new tracks, been running for at least 10 minutes and all is well.

I think this is related to having your faders fully up on tracks that have finished playing.

I watched the video and I believe there might be an issue with the grounding on the power circuit or the calibration of the platter. You can see the platter is staying white, even while fader is up, as if being touched. As you also show the platter responds to movement (and plays audio accordingly) Rebooting the player also triggers a calibration process for the platters, meaning this could result in a working player after the reboot. If it is indeed a grounding issue this could be temporary.

This is not a definitive diagnosis, but it is certainly worth investigating whether this could be the cause

2 Likes

Hey!

Ok so I can see why it seems that Engine Lighting is not working for you.

Engine Lighting uses your fader position to decide which lightshow to play. In the video you have faders 3,1 and 2 all up.

If you pull down all of the faders for tracks that are not playing, you will see playback for the track that is playing.

Try this.

Load tracks to all decks.

Press play on deck 1.

Pull all faders down.

Then push the fader for deck 1 up.

1 Like

Add me to the list of those having problems

My current setup is 1 6000M, 2 6000’s and an 1850 x

I briefly got it to work by deleting all the entertainment areas except 1 and only turning one player on

It then stopped working

Should I have engine lighting running on all three players and all three connected to the bridge if I want to use all three decks? Ive tried bith ways but nothing now

I had the same issue and read this thread. I removed all Entertainment Areas and just set one as a DJ Booth test. Reconnected the bridge and all the lights were responding to the touch test. Pressing the colours works, strobe blackout and white is good too. My only issue is that the lights are not responding when I play music through the decks. They are just static? I’m using a Prime 4 btw

I managed to get mine fully working as previously I had a movie entertainment set up and I needed to set up a music entertainment area. All works now as should as moves to music and responds to upfaders and cross fader. :v:

1 Like

I too have now got this working with one entertainment zone… It has been a bit temperamental with regards to initial set up but once working has been fine. I do want to add more zones and hope an update can fix any bugs. Thanks

1 Like