Performance Pad Sampler feature eg: shift + Hotcue Sampler with S8 pad and shift each pad for 16 Samples

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have? The performance pads should have a sampler options
  • How will this feature help you and others? It will be able to increase the creativity of a performance
  • Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product? In most Serato/ Rekordbox/ Traktor Controllers
  • Does a workaround currently exist? There isn’t and all you can do is use a external sampler into one of the decks however is no midi clock to synchronise the tempo so is not a very viable workaround
  • How often would you use this feature? All the time
  • Is there any additional information you’d like to add?

It would be possible to do with a firmware update as there are only a couple of buttons like loop than when you press it has a second feature eg loop roll so you could use shift and hot cue to turn into sample mode (Serato flip style even?) and assign your samples into each performance pad and maybe even use shift to double up to 16 samples rather than 8, that would be an amazing feature that should not be to difficult to implement with a firmware update and we can even argue that is “a missing feature” since most Controllers do have that feature ;0) I really hope Denon DJ takes this one into account as I guarantee that most Prime 4 owners would be loving and appreciate that feature implementation

1 Like

I like this idea a lot.

I wouldn’t use a sampler a lot myself but know that some can spend all night just re-using samples over and over

I think there might be a problem overlooked here though.

Sampling needs memory

Many Midi controllers generally /offer /. sampling cause they’re just buttons in a casing offering quick push button access to whatever functions some dj softwares offer. So if dj software offers sampling, any midi controller really almost can’t stop itself from accessing sampling. Some pretty coloured buttons of pads help though, and probably make it look like the controller is the thing making the sampling work , but it’s really the dj software and laptop doing the grunt, using the laptop ram.

How much ram is spare inside the prime, could mean this feature just can’t happen , rather than it just being some “easy” firmware needed