Password protection

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have? how about having a password built into the unit

• How will this feature help you and others? protect the unit

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product? not that I am aware of

• **Does a workaround currently exist?**not sure

• How often would you use this feature? always

• **Is there any additional information you’d like to add?**not at the present moment

4 Likes

Not sure what protection you expect to get out of this one:

When you temporary leave the booth (bathroom break) so nobody can mess with your gear? Otherwise prohibit unauthorized access? Render the unit useless in case of theft?

While, as an IT guy of old, I can see why the first two would be somewhat beneficial, the third one is a tricky one. It would have to sit at a level where a firmware flash can’t take place (or it would just overwrite whatever password was stored), it would normally take away the "reset to factory default " option and - god forbid - lock yourself out of your own unit should you ever forget your password (and writing a password down is as good as not having one in the first place).

Not saying I don’t like the feature. Although I wouldn’t activate it myself, I can see where you are coming from. But I do wonder/worry about it if the desire is based on theft-prevention/discouragement.

If I have to worry about the equipment when I leave the booth for a while, first of all I wonder what I’m looking for there?

I’d like a password for the SSD but that it really.

Loading up the drive and then leaving it in a venue can be beneficial to agencies and bar owners. Password protecting would remove a risk.

Locking the device with a key combo would be easier.

SHIFT + another key to lock/unlock would be enough.

Thats awesome request. Definitely it would be useful ! Also I would like to see an option to block it. If it gets stolen - thieves get fu*k all.