Outgoing sound suddenly stop

So i´m running the update 1.3.1 Win when I already have a song playing either i layer A or B ( doesn´t matter) and on the other layer try to load a new song the outgoing sound just dissappear for a few seconds, not always but frequently. Is there anyone else who have the same problem? In my opinion this should NEVER happen!!! Now I cannot rely on the Denon sc5000 and certainly never use it in a club!!! The unit is not overheated and the USB stick is very fast so it is not that…I don´t want to but im leaning on to change back to Pioneer permenantly. Anyone have a clue to what this could be??

What mixer do you use?

It isn’t meant to happen, I’ve just dropped a two hour recorded mix and there are no audio drop outs whatsoever.

Tech support mate.

My mixer is a A&H DB4 and I see the meter drop on that channel so I dont think it has to do with the mixer.

Okay. I asked because if you had the X1800 it could be an internal grounding issue when using analog connections. My X1800 completely lost it’s analog signal path (nearly 2 years ago) and needed an RMA. Digital signal path was fine.

Some things to try: Do you have one or two units? Is the other one okay on the same channel? What happens when you try to change to digital out or to analog out?

Don’t get me wrong, it definitely sounds like a faulty unit and you just need to contact support or the reseller!

Hi everyone Is this issue resolved? I’m experiencing this to. All of sudden when I load a song there is no sound output, then after 5 seconds thee sound again. This is not reliable and therefore needs to be fixed. What is the official answer of Denon towards this issue? Thanks for support to you all.

There have been numerous updates since the poster posted two whole years ago.

Most likely it’s the tracks themselves. To be sure, try burning the problem tracks out to CD-R, rip them with a ripper you really trust and play those tracks on the player. Or you could try running your files through a few of the various mp3 val/checker/fixer programs as others have had success with.

The “they play alright on some other system” is an easy mistake to fall into. Tracks often get sourced by all sorts of places then run through all sorts of apps to remove silence, make louder/softer/bassier etc all of which can make them less universal for playback

Hi NiteBeatz, Tnx for reply. Gonna follow your suggestion and dive deeper into where problem lays. Maybe useful info: It’s from same source I used with rekordbox and never had problems with it. Hope anyone has any use on this info. For now, new rip’s. If I find out more, I’ll share it. Tnx

Hi! No the issue is not resolved. Yes It is better with less dropouts but not fully reliable. At I noticed that the dropouts often occur around playing for 2 hours.I run version 1.4.1.

Hi zifok, Tnx for giving info. Let’s all try to look for regular things in this error. So far I have the feeling that if I load a track and not immediately want to use it, there is no problem. But if I’m immediately play the track there is a drop in sound. However; lets try to gather all the data we can, find similarities and then maybe present to Denon and resolve this issue for ever. Tnx for your help.

Update: I bought a Samsung T7 external drive and since I use this no problems so far. T7 is shock “proof” very fast and with bit of velcro easily attached to my sc5000.

If problem re-occurs I will let you all know.