Original package Prime4/ Used Prime4?

It’s most likely the firmware.

Denon must build 100s of each prime model every week, ready to ship them all over the world - getting into customers hands a few weeks later.

There must be times were models are made with the current version of firmware in them, then they’re boxed (with a clear sticker) stored, shipped, distributed to countries, denons distributors in each country before being sent out to different dealers, stores etc

If new firmware comes out while primes are on-route for a few weeks between factory and dealer then my guess would be that the countries Denon distributor opens up the boxes, flashes the new firmware, rebkxes and adds an additional clear circle sticker - maybe color Dots are added then too to show what firmware got flashed in.

This is the justification we get from dealers when some of us complain about the cut seals (I also did it). But it seems strange to me that in my P4 I found firmware 1.3.2 instead of 1.4.1 considering that this latest firmware had been released before the end of 2019 and I received the console in mid-May 2020.

But OK: my console works well (… for now), it had no fingerprints or signs of use, apparently it seemed all new, so okay, I go on without thinking about it anymore.

Who knows - as it works, it works.

If I opened up something and found a memory stick, a snapped “Stage area” wristband, a used face mask, a can ring pull and some confetti in it, then I’d be a tiny tad suspicious. Bigger things to worry about right now, like whether there’s any legal gigs to play at all this year

1 Like

same thing for me too …

1 Like

I back up what Para476 says. The box opening seems to have been done to change power cables.

Having looked closely at my box again today, I also see a small brown square stuck over the US tick, so it seems the unit was originally intended for US but changed to UK (different plug).

Hi everyone,

just want to inform you that I received a completely sealed brown Denon box now, with a Prime4 inside that had one layer cut stickers, but the unit itself looks perfect inside this time. No dirt, no scratches, all protective films on it. Nice!

So I really think one layer of cut stickers can be „normal“, in my opinion maybe because a european power plug has to be put in…

Thanks again for your help. I‘m now enjoying this great unit, it‘s really impressive and makes so much fun

Best regards to all of you!

2 Likes

Good news. Enjoy the beast!

1 Like

Good to hear. Enjoy. Happy mixing.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.