Option to lock correctly beat gridded & analysed files

Hi. Could we have an option to lock a file once it’s been beat gridded please? I know i could stick a comment in the comments field (or another field i don’t use), but it would be handy if correctly analysed & gridded files could be shown as “complete” (maybe a small padlock symbol like traktor?) Cheers IAN

8 Likes

+1 for this. I’ve been slowly adding my collection into engine prime and it would be AWESOME to have a visual representation to let me know that I’ve already checked the grid/BPM of certain tracks. It was a very handy simple feature that Traktor uses.

Isn’t this what “analyse” and “reanalyse” is for?

I could be wrong, but I thought “analyse” skips tracks that are already analysed whilst “reanalyse” forces already analysed track to be reanalysed.

That was my impression.

Yes BUT just because a track has been analyzed doesn’t mean that the BPM & grid are set correctly or that I’ve set any cue points or loops. Some way to add a “flag” to a track seen in the browser to show that the tracks has been vetted and set to play would be great.

Ok I get you. It’s from a library management perspective right.

Whilst locking a track like in Serato/Traktor is decent enough it doesn’t give any valuable information as to what changes have been made to the track. It only tells , you 've done something to the track.

What i will find helpful is a separate column that shows the attributes of the each track with a wave overview and icons.

That way one can easily spot tracks with cues, beatgrids, saved loops etc without needing to load the track.

1 Like

Even better but much more involved to initiate.

+1 x 1000… This should really be implemented together with options that set what to analyse…

I agree! I have a lot of good gridding made in traktor to all of my songs. To redo everything and then don’t know if it’s going to keep that way, is a headache.

Old thread - sorry… Is this implemented yet?

Yes, in Engine Prime latest version it is possible to block the editing of the grid. There is a padlock symbol that you can click on and lock the grid. Of course, you can always change Hotcues and loops.

1 Like

Is it possible to batch lock grids, I cant seem to find this option

No batch lock or unlock.