Only problems with engine 2.0 in sc6000, DENON can test things before launching the version?

Thanks for info, and hot cues? i need re-analice again?

Yeah it did re-analyze all the songs, Hotcues came back but I set most in Serato Pro so you may have different results. maybe keep the media with upgraded database as a backup.

Maybe you don’t need to reformat the media. I just found the internal SSD that didnt show up last night now working. I asumed it was due to updated the database not being compatible with 1.6.2.

Update- they are not analyzed and slow to load.

i found a backups on 1.6.2, and only analyze a few songs… ty all!!

The old database is still there and hasn’t been deleted or altered by 2.0. Install 1.6 and everything should be okay.

1 Like

Updated last night. REALLY not impressed. Seems really buggy and when you change pitch have you noticed how the waveform now zooms in and out looks like it stutters and glitches. The track waveform at the bottom of the screen is WAY to big look Horrendous.

What have Denon done…

@FRANTIC Explanation or observation:

What we see in 2.0 is this: a slower track in sync with a faster track needs to go faster past the play head. Sort of a parallax effect. In older versions the grid is expanded or contracted and therefore the same as the other track.

It is confirmed here by dev: [Confirmed] V2.0 - Waveforms only sync on white centre line - #5 by AIRVince

So it’s intentional then. Reese.

Any idea on the bottom waveform being so big with the new update. It looks awful.

yes su-cks!!

I just got back to 1.6.2, wonderful …

I had to recover a backup, because the previous database analyzed the tracks when I loaded them, thank goodness I made a copy before updating to 2.0

I do not update more …

1 Like

The “parallax” shouldn’t happen. As for layout changes, I have no info on that.

Just out of curiosity, did you get any sort of heads up that all these changes were being made or dropped rather this week? …

… Or was this onslaught of changes and bugs just dropped onto the forum staff at the same time as the regular community members?

DJ Engine 2.0 is a major release, and these kinds of releases always come with some problems. That is the nature of software development and not specific to Denon.

If stability is your top priority, you should never immediately update to a major version; just wait for v2.01 or v2.02. We are all beta testers, in a sense. :slight_smile:

I notice that many people have been demanding major software updates from Denon for a long time, so I guess you can’t please everyone. :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

View button is now not working after putting the old firmware back.

Exactly.

And the size of the bottom waveform is a question of personal taste.

I like it. Another one don’t likes it. You can never please everyone. That’s life.

2 Likes

I used 6000m (2.0) and S11 last night at a 4 hour bar gig with

• 500gb SSD loaded with about 200gb of music

• 3 streaming services - tidal, beatsource and Beatport link

• a splash of serato

• Soundswitch desktop with a 4bar fixture

• A lot of toggling between all the above

Performed with no issues

Not trying to invalidate anyone’s feelings just sharing my own perspective.

6 Likes

All depends on one’s setup and scenario, I suppose.

The problem is Denon should be releasing public BETA’s, so problems can be addressed before a proper release is made.

Not doing so is the problem here in my opinion

1 Like

In my opinion it doesn’t matter whether any testing is public or private - as long as it’s being tested.

If there’s a issue at all, it’s with Denon’s decision to release when testers are still finding bugs.

Possibly this was due to dates being set for e.g. the Beatport stream with Sebastien Leger.

3 Likes

Mufasa, it is clear that the 2.0 can be used without problems, but the performance it has is very poor. in my live yesterday 5h I used 2.0 and I did it without problems, because we are all experts, but all the problems described are visible.

I have also not talked about pc software, but to say that it is a shame that you add a folder from the desktop and the program closes very often and you have to add the tracks individually.

My complaint comes from the fact that they have rushed to release this version without testing it and making a public beta.

I’m honestly afraid of future releases, as they keep adding features that overload the system and make what really has to work well not.

1 Like

I see this comment a lot and I definitely understand the feeling. However, it’s also not nice to the, might I add, large betatest team. You’re welcome to enlist and help to see the efforts put into this.

Public beta isn’t the solution either. Things need to be solved either way. What would happen is an endless beta.

2 Likes

I have asked several times how to join that list for beta but never got an answer.

1 Like

CEO of Native Instruments: Hey customers, Hey Boys, try our software Traktor, if It crashes, go go the forum and tell us the issues, we Will try to resolve It. Now, you could change your job, maybe with turntables, dont you think? Cheers :slight_smile:

DENON : Just embarassing amateur staff.

Where Is the Song ? Hahahaha

Where Is the WAVEFORM? Hahahahahaha