On-the-fly pre-activate a loop to trigger as it is reached and played in the track

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have?

On-the-fly pre-activate a loop to trigger as it is reached and played in the track.

Immediate jumping could be based on the fast release of a loop pad that was pushed in for less than a second or two, while this special pre-activation play mode would trigger after a second or two of being pushed in since this delay in activation is not a problem for a loop you haven’t arrived at and you want to “naturally” start when you reach it.

• How will this feature help you and others?

Seems like a good idea.

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?

Serato apparently.

• Does a workaround currently exist?

You can just wait patiently and be watchful to start the loop when you reach the spot.

• How often would you use this feature?

I’m not sure, but others have said they would.

• Is there any additional information you’d like to add?

https://denondjforum.com/t/loops-on-or-off-before-i-reach-it-in-the-current-track/

Related and synergistic with this feature…

https://denondjforum.com/t/ability-to-set-a-loop-as-an-active-loop/

8 Likes

** How often would you use this feature? **

I use this function about 100 times in the evening about 3 times a week - each song has different saved end loops that are defined in advance and help me to mix my sets even faster and better. With Serato this function is STANDARD

2 Likes

That’s a smart technique with pre-defined end loops you always want to pre-trigger in case you’re late mixing in at the spot you want.

I think this is a feature in Rekordbox too. I think you can set a memory cue with a loop and when it gets there, it automatically goes into the loop

Same in VDJ with a POI

Temporary post for clarification edit of feature request that I can’t do for another 8 hrs…

Immediate jumping could be based on the fast release of an already-assigned loop pad that was pushed in for less than a second or two, while this special pre-activation play mode would trigger an already-assigned loop after a second or two of being pushed in since this delay in activation is not a problem for a loop you haven’t arrived at and you want to “naturally” start when you reach it. Pressing a pad that has no already-assigned loop would trigger the loop pad In point immediately upon press as it currently does.

Edit: Damn, can’t edit the original post now two days later.

It is a good feature, and execution of it seems logical. You got my vote.

It’s a mix saver of you are trying to loop 2 beats at the exact moment when you are introducing track two. The difference in an old school mix when you have this against without is stark!