On screen clock

I used the clock display in the top right corner of Serato to keep on time with performances, timings for different parts of the party (1st dance at 7, buffet at 8, end at 12 etc) it would be nice to have a small clock on the screen giving real time. Even if it had to be set at the beginning of each performance. An analogue with sweeping second hand would be even better for timing into breaks etc for broadcasting.

74 Likes

Not a dealbreaker, but definitely handy. I’ve had to throw my phone up next to me now to keep up with the time on this now.

I thought I was the only one who missed that.

Probably better under feature request.

1 Like

Something we have all grown use to after years and years of laptop use…I would like to see this implemented as well

Def’ not a deal breaker but what a bloody handy thing to have

2 Likes

Very handy and simple to implement feature, I think.

1 Like

+1 from me.

Having NYE countdowns would be easier especially if it takes the time setting from the internet servers.

Who doesn’t like a mega-accurate clock for NYE? :slight_smile:

I work in different time zones around the world (on a cruise ship). Having a choice of cities around the world would be cool. It seems an elaborate request but if these Prime 4/SC5000 units run on Linux (or similar) the facility will probably be there already in the OS.

3 Likes

Thank you - added to FEATURE REQUESTS section

J

3 Likes

This would go lovely on the new status bar :wink:

4 Likes

Agreed this would be great

Would love to see this. Could be a little clock icon that you tap to display the current time.

Curious speaking of clocks is there a way to set default to time remaining on tracks instead of time elapsed? I know how to switch it but I don’t really like to have to do it every time.

Simple but a optional clock would be amazing

Any chance of adding a real time clock to Prime 4?

It would be good to have this on view to work out time available to playout as well as time stamping the HISTORY file when generated.

Thanks.

6 Likes

Hello @DJ_AJC, and thank you for contributing to our Feature Request section! We’d like to ask you to edit/resubmit this request by answering the questions set in place when creating a new feature request topic. These questions are asked so that our Development Team has a full understanding of the request if/when considered for integration and so that other forum members can have that same level of understanding; allowing them to vote upon your request for approval. We greatly appreciate your feedback.

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have? Realtime Clock with Time & Date
  • How will this feature help you and others? To view on screen and adjust sets according to time available and to time / date stamp the HISTORY file as and when song tracks are played. History Filename should be named by DATE.
  • Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product? Yes, Virtual DJ
  • Does a workaround currently exist? No
  • How often would you use this feature? All the time
  • Is there any additional information you’d like to add? Not at this time, but happy to answer further questions
5 Likes

There was a super old feature request thread for this to be implemented on the SC5000’s too.

Consolidated with the original Prime 4 request :slight_smile:

I have liked this already, but I didn’t really know how much this is missed, as I was doing a long 5+ hour mixing session and wanted to check the time. Looked in the corner of the screen by habit and didn’t have my phone or watch near me.

Small but oh so needed.

1 Like

I’m also starting to miss not having a clock on the screen. I guess it all depends on whether the system is able to keep the time when the unit is unpowered. Does it have any form of small battery inside it to keep the time? But to be honest, I’ll even settle for setting the time each power up than not having it at all.