OLED only comes back on when right side FX controls are used

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have?

After screen saver has triggered, keep the OLED off until FX controls on right side are used

• How will this feature help you and others?

Reduce burn in of OLED. Everything not on the right FX side should not cause the OLED to come back on… faders, EQ, gain/trims, crossfader, etc, should not count as triggering OLED on.

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?

No

• Does a workaround currently exist?

No. Currently every control on the mixer causes the OLED to come back on.

• How often would you use this feature?

Always

• Is there any additional information you’d like to add?

Related…

https://denondjforum.com/t/x1800-display-time-out-burn-in/

1 Like

As a user selectable option right?

:grimacing:

Is the screen saver already a selectable option? I don’t want to pull an X1800 out just to check that. I can’t think of a reason for the FX screen to be coming back on when the FX isn’t being used if the screen saver is active. You could literally tweak any encoder on the right side to bring it back. Right now the screen saver basically never works when the mixer is in use and not just sitting there, which means you’d better be still occassionally going into the Utility and back or changing the FX from time to time to prevent burn-in. Combined with tripping into the screen saver more quickly, the two of these together would vastly improve prevention of burn-in.

You can choose to use it since the latest firmware update. For now I’ll be using the lowest brightness and will be going into the utility menu every hour or so on the device so this doesn’t get worse. Mine burnt in after less than a month. What a way to make me use the effects section :smiley: well played Denon

I can’t imagine anyone not wanting it on, but if it is an option then I don’t see why it couldn’t time out sooner and only come back with effects controls use. Even moving wet/dry would bring back.