Old school turntablist new to prime 4

Greetings and salutations. I’m and old school dj from NYC. Started spinning in 1978. Always kept my tables and a mixer over the years. Last year I put my gear up for sale and sold my last mixer. Still had two tables and was trying to sell them. Well my daughter started DJing and got serious about it. So she inspired me to get back into It for the fun. I did a lot of research and decided on the Prime 4. Just got it delivered today and all I can say is wow. It’s much better than expected and I was able to put together a few mixes in a short time. My only issue is the engine Prime software on my PC seems a bit buggy and out of date. Other than that I’m happy to be team Denon although my daughter wanted and urged me to go Pioneer. Hope to learn and contribute on this forum.

Welcome to the forum @Gwiz, Engine prime is getting new updates recently and will mature - needs some time for that. If You would choose Pioneer, You would be disappointed, as the hardware is already far behind Denon (I came from Pioneer to Denon 3 years ago and there is nothing they have even close to Prime series). In general look around for more info and if You will not find any answers to Your questions, let us know, we will be happy to help. Best Regards Mike

2 Likes

Hello from Athens GREECE Gwiz. You purchased an amazing device. Your short description about you is like me. Including my daughter and my son they want to play with mixing and loops. Great desicion you took.

2 Likes

Welcome!!

Are you sure you downloaded “Engine Prime” and not “Engine” as that is for older systems?

needs some time for that

How many more years?

It’s been what, about four years now, since the original Engine software was released. People complained how bad it was back then, and it’s still getting complaints now.

Yep because Engine software is buggy but modern and fast.

Engine Prime Will be a good software. Some bugs, sync not perce t but it works well.

Bpm analysis is not the best, but We can correct wrong bpm and I like it well (good enough with 10.000 songs)

Yes I have the prime software. Tks