Odd issue with SD card

Just purchased a GO and I love this thing to death. Had one odd thing happen. I loaded up a SD card with music, dropped it in and played for a while. I properly ejected it and put it back into my PC. I removed some songs that I no longer wanted ( wrong version ) on the card and replaced them with others. When I put the SD card back in the GO and fired it up, the deleted songs still appeared in the directory, and if I tried to use them I was given a notice that the file was missing/deleted.

Is there a way to force the system to refresh each time you insert the SD card, or manually refresh?

It’s most likely the references not being removed from the library database on the ad card. You can use the Sync function in Engine Prime to see if that cleans it up.

Unfortunately Engine Prime is useless to me - my NFS/RAID is formatted in NTFS so it can’t read my music files, so I have to manually drag / drop them from my NFS to my SD card. Maybe a update to Engine Prime sometime soon ?

Engine Prime Prep software can read NTFS just fine.

Not according to the pop up screen at startup. I’d include a screenshot but I’m a " new user " so I can’t post pictures.

It says FAT32 or ExFAT only. Using 1.6.1 Windows 10 just downloaded from the web site.

That information is for the export drives.

1 Like

I was able to get Engine Prime to remove the record of the deleted files my selecting " remove from collection ". Sync did nothing to fix the problem , because I did not build the list from the sync function … I could not. This goes back to why this program is generally use less to me.

1. My music collection is ripped from CD onto a SAN RAID for safekeeping. It is not FAT32 so Engine Prime can not read it.
  2. Because of this I can’t use Engine Prime to move songs from my collection onto a SD card to use in the GO. I have to manually move songs using windows.
  3. If I delete a file from the SD card, I have to load Engine Prime , load the SD card and manually one at a time remove the dead files. Time consuming and tiresome.

Please pay attention to the information you’re being given in this thread. Engine Prime can read NTFS.

I’m using NTFS drives with Engine Prime here. It’s the Prime hardware that needs the storage to be FAT32/exFAT.

Previously I was not allowed to post images, however now I can. I can tell you that next to the name of my drive, there is a red triangle and when you hover over it , it says it can not read the volume.

I am paying attention. You are saying one thing, my experience using the software does not match what you are saying.

Removable drives cannot be NTFS as they are meant for use on the players.

All internal disks of your computer can be NTFS with no problem. If internal drives show up as removable, then the computer has a wrong setting. You need to tell the computer that that internal drive is non-removable; in the bios; for instance “disable sata hotpluggable”.

NAS locations are not supported unless you use iSCSI or workarounds like mount points.

2 Likes

I’m using an external DROBO drive array connected by USB. It has worked flawlessly for me for over 4 years :slight_smile: I’ll give the mount point idea a try. Thanks!

Found the problem! It’s that icon set on the left hand side … if you select “Collections” it will not read my NFS , however if you click on the folder icon it reads it like a dream , and allows me to move files to the removeable I drive ( my SD card ) and it works like a charm on the GO.

Thanks for the help, it was just some oddity of the software that I missed.