Noise when turning on

Good night, I hope you can help me, maybe it is silly but my prime 2 when it turns on makes a noise as if it was charging a little motor. I don’t know if it does it now or before I had not noticed, if it happened to you Someone would appreciate if you could comment on me, a greeting and thank you very much :neutral_face:

There is a fan cooling it, maybe initial fan test on startup?

I don’t know but I have noticed since the last update. Doesn’t it happen to you?

I personally don’t have a prime 2, but many prime devices like SC5000/5000M and SC6000/6000M prime 4 have a fan. It is not always reving up high to hear it, and during a party with loud music, no one will hear it anyway. Maybe denon implemented high rpm fan test on startup in the newest update. We can maybe ask @Anthony_DDJ for a bit of info about it?

Well, I would be very grateful more than anything why, if it is not normal to process the guarantee, I thank you very much for the interest in your answer. how can we ask? the noise only makes it when turning on it is like a check, perhaps it is what you say that they have implemented this in the last update but I would be calmer

I tagged @Anthony_DDJ so he can see and read the subject. When he will, we will see his answer here.

1 Like

thank you I appreciate it, let’s see if someone else is encouraged to comment

Hey @8ruben2 Thanks for the question. Are you able to show a quick video so we can further investigate what you’re experiencing? You can upload to Youtube and share an unlisted link if you’d like. In regards to “high rpm fan test on startup” I’ve asked our team regarding this and will let you know asap.

1 Like

Hi, I don’t know if it will be seen, please confirm me and if not I will upload it through YouTube

can you downgrade the controller to see if it is for the update? Or can it be expected if it is done?

Hey @8ruben2 - Let me consult with a team member to see what the next steps would be or if this is normal.

ok, I appreciate it because I do not use the device for fear that it will go to more, I appreciate your interest and if it were possible as soon as you know it, let me know, thanks again

by the way, you appreciate the noise in the video, in case it is not like that, record a new one

@Anthony_DDJ hello again, have you found out about me?

Hey @8ruben2 - Apologies for the late reply. I did share this with a team member and they said this is nothing to be worried about. It’s the internal fan.

1 Like

Well, just as I thought so :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much, I hope it is only that because I did not do it before. The technician told you that it is because now if I do it and before no? Thank you for your answer