No talkover, no prime 2 support

Hey @xCaptBluntx, You can upload a video on any of the popular hosting services or google drive and then link them here.

As a tech, I imagine you know the importance of being detailed and precise when talking about an issue. Therefore, please calmly talk through what you are doing in the video you post as well as what you expect to happen and what isn’t happening. Without this, I’m afraid that we won’t be able to help much.

I realize that having a new piece of equiment that doesn’t function as you expect is frustrating. Lets try to get this resolved.

Dude, you did the right thing. No one should be subjected to verbal, or written abuse.

Hey @xCaptBluntx, regarding your screenshot: The part of Prime 2 not yet added to the support website is known, and I tagged the right person above to solve this in the nearby future. Bear in mind that the units are really only recently shipping. Furthermore it was weekend. Also please note that there are phone numbers on the support page, so please don’t get stuck on a webform.

And trust me, with @AIRVince his attention you have the very right person to resolve your issue, so please follow his advice and post the video that already was asked for and where @reese and me also been waiting for. Stay safe and looking forward to the video

@xCaptBluntx We’ve been asking for more info in the odd chance that this is somehow user error and that there is a workaround. At this point though, I’m happy to take your word that it is an equipment malfunction. Likely the fastest way to get a new unit would be to contact the store or the retail website that you purchased the Prime 2 and get an exchange through them. That way you can get an exchange quickly and the store can handle the RMA.

I hope that helps.

Vince

Does activating soundswitch and tidal void dealer contact? How will the dealer know?

That doesn’t sound right? You can do a few gigs and still RMA the gear

Hi @xCaptBluntx - Apologies for the troubles. I’ll be happy to assist!

First to answer some questions:

Yes, the PRIME 2 does in fact have Talkover feature and is working well in my environment. I will send you a PM in a moment to see if we can get that working for you.

We will have the support page updated to list PRIME 2 soon. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Yes, you can return your product regardless of trial subscription activation.

1 Like

Hello team, I just bought the prime go. When pressing the talkover button while using an email 58, I notice the volume doesn’t drop while it is pressed. Should I fill out a ticket? On the prime 4, it has talkover resume in the settings. Maybe they will add this later?

Volume will drop when You talk. It is auto talkover.

And the music volume will resume , back up to it’s previous volume a moment after you stop talking.

Precisely, and it is not doing this. The volume stays the same playing the music.

Often a gentle at home test won’t simulate real party conditions. Try a good projected strong voice into the mic (with its levels up and talk over button latched in (not held)

Hey everyone,

I’m also having issues with talk over not working. Is there a fix to this? Please help! Thanks :slight_smile:

Can you give us some more info on your steps taken? Can you share a video?

You need to go into utilities and set the Mic Attenuation to -20dB

djrez asked the same question in a few topics, so it was already resolved:

Talk over not working - SMART CONSOLES / PRIME 2 - Official Denon DJ Forum

1 Like