No option to relocate tracks

I have my most recent tracks arranged in folders, when I no longer use those tracks I change them to another folder, but I don’t like to lose the cues in case I ever use them again, in Rekordbox or traktor there is the option to relocate tracks and it is very easy to do it, however in Engine PRIME there is no such option. Does anyone know if there is a simple way to relocate the tracks in engine prime? Thanks

1 Like

You can do that with this tool: https://rekord.cloud/

You could empty your crates and re-import the folders. I’ve done this recently as I moved around my folders and sub categories.

Thank you very much for the reply. That option does not work for me. I have marked cues in a track within the create and then I have changed the file to another folder, I have reloaded the track to another create and it loses the cues. I think the option to relocate would be better.

1 Like

Maybe you need to change your working method: instead of moving them from one folder (directory) to another, you should move them from one CRATE to another within Engine Prime. So you don’t lose the stored information (H.Cue, loop, grid) and you don’t lose the link with the file.

Then you can import in the remote collection (USB key, SDXC, SSD) that is, in the memory that you will use to play the music, only the CRATES you want to use, while the others will remain only on the main collection (on the PC).

1 Like

Not a solution for many

Engine Prime desperately needs a solution baked in.

I wonder when in the file folder section of EP if file movement is allowed.

As per other programs, if the files are moved within the dj software file browser, it retains all the attributes eg crates location, hot cues, etc

Thanks for your answer, if it would be another way of working, I’ll see it

See thus feature request: https://community.enginedj.com/t/relocate-missing-tracks/12251

If you “like” it, it gets voted up :wink:

Apart from that, you could change paths using sql in your m.db, but that is risky unsupported business…

that’s what i mean. be able to move tracks without losing information like rekordbox, traktor, and serato

Yes to be honest… This is a no brainer. You might at some point have to move the files and then there has to be an option to relocate it… I think this is a bad design misstake. What other DJ Software doesn’t allow you to relocate?

I know. For now it is so, we must have patience. Maybe the day that I will have to transfer my files from one directory to another, the necessary changes will have been made to Engine Prime to allow this movement: this is a function requested by many people and will surely be listened to by the guys of the Denon Dj Team. :+1:

1 Like

This is a major and must to have feature.

You can now do it using NJINN , the free Engine support app, downloadable from this forum

Hey Nitebeatz, Where is this NJINN app?

It’s on this forum, although it’s called ENJINN I think … ugh! Far too many Mis-spelt app names around.

As ENJINN makes Engine run better, it’s author should call it “Mechanic”. (And NOT MeKaNIK) ;-). Or Tune-up

1 Like

It’s this: LINK :wink:

Thank you very much :slight_smile: :pray:

It’s called ENJINN cause the original name was Engine Genie. And a Jinn is type of genie :slight_smile:

2 Likes