No Filenames anymore - Database Search Works

Just build up a new Engine Prime Database and re-analyzed all files. The old Engine Prime folders on the SSD were deleted before doing that new database. I can search, load and play tracks. But if i switch to the folder view i got corrupt folder/filenames and that little “wheel” behind “MP3 Internal” spins all the time:

Internal SSD is FAT32 formatted and worked absolutly fine before with the Prime so it can`t be an issue. And of course the filenames are completly fine when SSD is mounted to Windows.

In my opinion it is better to format it in exFAT.

However, I removed the HD inside the Prime 4 because I was tired of problems. Since I use a 128 GB SDXC I no longer have database corruption problems, or problems of slowness in synchronizing the collection (internal to the PC) with the external drive (in the P4), and especially when I have to transfer the new tracks to the external drive I don’t have to carry the PC near the P4: I just have to remove the SDXC and insert it into the PC.

I will return to install the HD inside the Prime 4 only on the day when it will be possible to synchronize and transfer the tracks directly via WIFi or ethernet.

Thanks @DjAj! I might try exFAT. A SD card would be no option for me since we talk about 500GB of files but of course a SDXC would be much easier to handle.

I didn`t know that there are so many issues with the internal connection. Another big “minus” of the P4 then. Hopefully fixed with the next firmware.

Edit: Just for the records: Formatted SSD with exFAT and copied over all the files (around 20000) again. Took me half a day to analyze but now its working fine again. Hopefully it will stay more stable as with FAT32.

Denon E-Mail Support still did not reply since more than one week (just for the records too…)…

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.