New SC5000 v1.0.3 Firmware enables Rekordbox® import directly into player

You’ve made the right investment choice Mufasa - we’ll be here with you all the way for support and help as always.

P.

Maybe a stupid question, but yesterday when i was setting up for a gig i powered up both players and one of them gave me a prompt saying there was a firmware update available . Great stuff but how is this possible ? The players were stored in my trailer for the whole week (before there was any update ). No connection to internet whatsoever. Would like to know how this is pulled off Anyway, updating as we speak​:wink::wink: Anyone in the know??

1 Like

Yep, finally real proof that Big Brother IS actually watching YOU!

I’m sure it’s something added to a drive when you update it with the Prime software on a computer. I updated one of my drives for the first time in a couple weeks and got the same. only took a moment for it to click in.

Maybe from the usb stick prep’d in engine…

performed the upgrade yesterday went directly to V1.03 (SC5000) and V1.1.1 (X1800) bypassing the previous update.

All went OK although the update description is not really clear but with the different postings on this forum I managed to perform the update !!

Although the reading of the RekordBox files is going fast I really hope for a process in Engine as I don’t like to wait for the beatgrid/cue’s/loops being done on the SC5000.

If you have the luxury of time in a non-critical gig or home situation, one cool little workaround I’ve seen used is this - have the SC5000 analyse the rekordbox USB/SD as normal (grabbing playlist, hot cues and memory loops etc). Once that is done, remove the drive and launch Engine Prime. Then, insert your USB into the laptop and have Engine Prime analyse the songs you want on the drive itself - this will do fast calculations of your beatgrids and waveform build and then write that info directly back onto the USB. When inserted back into the SC5000, no track waveform or beatgrid calculation/drawing will need to be done . Give it a try and see how it works for you.

2 Likes

good suggestion @paul_denondj, will give it a try.

Do you know if it is/will be possible to transfer mp3’s from the RekordBox USB to the master Denon collection, i.e. the mp3’s will merge into the denon collection?

not sure how that’s different from using engine prime the regular way.

anyway, engine prime needs the rekordbox import too of course. for proper preparation that has to be done in advance and not on location if you have no sc5000 at home.

1 Like

Good question.

Engine Prime can’t directly import Rekordbox information…yet.

When a user inserts a Rekordbox drive into the SC5000, it will import the Rekordbox data (hot cues, loops and playlists), but beatgrid and waveform data are not analyzed. The SC5000 analyzes beatgrid/waveform data as a background process when a track is loaded into a deck. In other words, only one track at a time can be analyzed for beatgrid/waveform data on the SC5000 (for now).

For users who have large music libraries and don’t want to slave over a one-at-a-time analysis via the SC5000, they can follow the hybrid processing suggestion from @paul_denondj and use Engine Prime to analyze the beatgrid/waveform data of the entire collection at once–while still retaining the Rekordbox data written to the drive via the SC5000. Furthermore, that data can then be further edited (example: renamed, colored) from within Engine Prime.

Cheers.

i’m aware. what i meant is that from the engine prime perspective there’s no difference whether you analyze and work with “regular files” or a collection that has been converted from a rekordbox database by an sc5000 in advance.

my point was to have engine prime doing the rekordbox part on its own.

2 Likes