New Prime Hardware on the Horizon?

i would love something half the weight of an sc5000m, 1 layer is fine with me. sc3000 with a 9" super wide screen, 2kg for the win

Where are all the leakers when you need em? One tease is not enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think to give serato a life jacket by adding them to 5000m and to prime4 was probable paid by serato and took priority to denon staff.

Now that is done - good !!! It calms the serato lovers who won’t let go of him. Waste of the time and the patience to anyone who they have no serato or have advanced to throw laptop off from he DJ booth.

So now I think the concentrate of the denon team will be back on the engine Prime and on the sc5000 firmware. Keep the Engine off from the booth. Keep the Engine and laptop at the home, make the 5000 all any music DJ they need. Put more “only do in Engine” feature into player. Ignore traktor as NI seem to be do now. Don’t bring 2 channel mixer , don’t bring sc5500, don’t bring prime 5 or prime 3. Just bring better at Home Engine Prime and sc5000 firmware.

Promise to us no new hardware until SC5000 and engine Prime is un-moaned at.

While NI does seem to have a rough time right now, I’m sure they will be around for longer. Enabling Traktor HID will use Denon’s resources for a short period of time, but it will also enlarge the Prime user base (the SC5000 was received rather positively over at NI’s forums!) Selling more units means more cash for Denon DJ - which in turn likely means more development resources for the Prime hardware. Could be a win-win for everybody.

Same goes for the recognition and official support of some dutch DJ’s conversion tools, btw :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since Traktor will now focus on other manufacturers for hardware, we should be on the look out for more Traktor badging from now on

1 Like

And here to hope that NI have been learned they lesson well not to start with the “traktor certified” bull crap

That’s been gone a long time now. Everything works just no official mappings yet.

Yes. I am happy it went. It was the dumb idea.

I am hope they do not start it again. How ever, I don’t think they will put up any innovation products or software. I think that in half decade maybe we have serato and standalone as all that’s left.

… and rekordbox DJ!

Everyone else (including Serato) will have an increasingly hard time keeping them at a distance.

People have reject linked software hardware pairings in the past like the pioneer that have the different model number of S or T to work on only serato or the traktor.

I think people will reject rekordbox in future for same reason. People don’t want locked or quirky converts. I think rekordbox will be of less coverage soon and of no scare to serato

When denon made Prime hardware read rekordbox drives instantly the change he started

The question shouldn’t be “What is it?” but more like “How many months/years is it going take to hit the stores?”…

If he is only firmware then he probably not far to reach us all

Firmware wouldn’t change the color of those feet from silver to black. Also, they’d probably just cover the display instead of the whole surface :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He firmwares might change feet color. Consider how much other hide treasures features inside like the WiFi and bluetooths :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

It absolutely looks like a new deck. There looks to be a mixer under the covers too. A new mixer can now be inferred due to the giveaway deal of x1800.

1 Like

But what new could they put to a mixer that x1800 does not have on already ?

Just more of the effects ?

With the Serato support on the M’s? Maybe a ‘battle-like’ mixer… With pads etc.

1 Like

I think it’ll be something even cheaper than the Prime 4 but still Prime so more and more people get hooked into Prime.

Denon will have to make Engine far far more appealing than it is now though. I don’t want Engine “DJ” or any sort of Engine connected while I’m actually DJing but Engine needs to be a bit better on its music detection for BPM and start upbeat or downbeat.

My bet is that this is the competition for the DJS1000 - I certainly hope it is. Its not a mixer, and I cant see how Denon would bring in a cheaper player into the Prime fold, so logical money is that they have at lastr addressed the lack of a decent sampler in the Prime range.

Cant wait to find out.

My speculation what kind of new Prime Hardware it could be:

We can add MP4 files to our players … SC5000/Prime4 … But we cant see the Video …

What if: they brought us an external Videooutput-Gear, which connect through LAN and plays out the Video of the MP4 ? Live VJíng with SC5000 and Prime4 … that would be amazing …

3 Likes