New Prime Hardware on the Horizon?

That’s official ! See them on YouTube.

The next step after a prime4

Evolve…correct word considering how long it takes :joy::joy:

Yes :wink: Still waiting for major upgrades : modify bpm from the Prime4 itself, change internal effects…

The SC6000’s look amazing but as far as I can see the only difference over the SC5000’s is bigger screen, nicer buttons , internal SSD bay and a locking IEC cable, is that correct?

As for the X1850 I cant see any difference over the X1800 other than locking IEC connector???

1 Like

Munched from Techtools

Q: WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE X1800 & X1850?

The X1850 PRIME offers newly designed audio circuitry taking full advantage of today’s highest quality components and converters.

The control surface features various LED refinements and visual improvements such as EQ’s with White base indicators, and buttons with controlled illumination.

The X1850 also adds a number of FX enhancements such as customizable quantize settings, FX limiter, 3/4 time on the touch strip, and two brand new BPM FX - Echo Hold and Pumper.

The new flagship receives upgraded channel faders, locking IEC cable plus various other improvements and refinements based on 3 years of listening to feedback from its predecessor.

Q: WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE SC6000 & SC5000?

The SC6000 PRIME adds a massive 10.1 HD touchscreen for a significantly upgraded visual experience plus expanded list view feature.

The SC6000 features a new jog wheel that has been redesigned from top to bottom - larger but lighter, improved stability, plus a smooth (non click) tension adjust control.

The control surface now features rubber buttons that feature elegant LED refinement for an improved visual experience in low light environments.

The new flagship receives internal SATA HD bay, locking IEC cable plus many other improvements and refinements based on 3 years of listening to feedback from its predecessor.

6 Likes

Does “improvements and refinements” means stuff optimized hardware-wise or is it also software/ features coming to the SC6000, but not for the SC5000?

Or will SC5000 owners still benefit from being a part of the Prime-universe?

Its just so I understand the sales-arguments correctly :slight_smile:

Best regards

My comments are in regard to hardware.

SC5000 owners will still benefit, all prime series media players will receive updates around the same time. You’ll notice we changed the language from hardware specific firmware to ‘Engine OS’ this is to streamline things when we issue updates that apply to all Engine OS products.

The only software feature difference between the SC5000 and SC6000 is the expanded track view. This feature is only for Engine OS products with 10.1" display.

4 Likes

Software is the same on both players (SC5000 and SC6000) so the updates/features (except for the BIG BIG BIG SC6000 screen) will be the same :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Will the X1800 get new firmware to improve the digital to digital sound quality on it? Neither of my two have the ground fault on the bottom circuit board that requires modification, so I’ve never had static or hum on mine or needed to mod them. The ADC and DAC stages all seem fine to me, too. More powerful TI chip in there, different PS, or clock?

1 Like

Well, like JWill just said, the screen obviously have some limitations regarding features… so even its the same OS inside, differences may occure at some points.

@JWiLL: Thanks for the answer - I understand this - not needed on the 5000s, and was actually just curious in a good curious way :slight_smile:

If you also could answer my question regarding the buttons/ knobs in the “Introducing”-thread, I think my questions are answered for now. :slight_smile:

Best regards

Will the X1800 get the new FX (echo hold and pumper) that the x1850 has?

6 Likes

hmmm… now i feel a bit sick if i saw these news about this new units. no, these are not bad,… but for a fist time owner of the sc5k and x1800 and after a house full of optimazions, firmwares and and and - i feel like a big beta tester now :expressionless:

i hope iam wrong with this, but its like "We saw what we have done with sc5k and x1800, we need now proper/better/faster units … " ?

but okay,… :neutral_face:

4 Likes

I would take some time to properly take a closer look…

SC6000 adds (only) a bigger screen, internal disk option, better jog, lockable IEC, “better” general aesthetics, darker look. The rest is mostly the same!

X1850 adds (only) better channel faders, midi start, some more FX, other caps, 3/4 beat (but 8 is removed from strip). The rest is mostly the same!

So, what’s the deal? Who talks about faster units?

New users will buy the 6000’s and X1850. We don’t have to, unless you are old and eyesight is bad. :wink: . New features will come to all Primes. I think even midi start and extra FX should be possible on the X1800.

3 Likes

Yeah, we noticed the “mixer playing FLAC” info :joy:

An entirely new mixer needed to add effects? What happened to the “we over built Prime for longevity?”

4 Likes

I didn’t state that in my last sentence.

There’s still more to come on Monday. I’m interested to see if there will be a 2 ch mixer maybe we might even see some accessories.

Also, after taking a good look at my M vs the 6000M, I’m left wondering if I could take a 6000M platter and stick on the 5000M. It looks like for the 6000M they took away the bevel on the platter to get more real estate.

Are the Cue and Play buttons now rubber instead of plastic?

I thought they built Engine OS into the mixer. I was looking for a screen.