New (Prime 4) Volume Knobs Too Easy to Turn

Check the screw holding the pot to the faceplate. Giving it some tension could help.

Hello from me I am new prime 4 owner ,I have the same problem with my high knob at channel 1 moving tou easy,I am not satisfied from the quality of denon here is some photos

I would at least take the foil off (at the FX areas)…

1 Like

Yeah, I also see no quality issues on that photos. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Tighten the nut on that pot and live happy

That nut is used to fix the potentiometer to the box, it is not used to make the rotation of it harder or softer. If he rolls the nut more (assuming he can), it won’t solve his problem. :man_shrugging:

Try it Yourself. It can make it tighter. The idea here is that You pull the whole pot tighter together and it makes the rotation more tight.

@panosskr Try you. My potentiometers are wonderful and I’m not going to change anything - they are soft just the right point.

1 Like

I can chime in with my experience as well.

Got my Prime 4 two days ago and the only thing bugging me are the super low resistance volume potentiometers (master and channels) and the shaft on the channel 1 volume potentiometer is wobbly as well. No wobble to the others.

The low resistance I can learn to live with, but should I be anxious about the wobbly shaft on the channel 1 volume potentiometer?

I pulled out my ratchet wrench and carefully tightened the channel 1’s already well-tightened nut, but it had no effect at all regarding the wobble or turning resistance.

Has anyone else had wobbly potentiometer shafts?