New Firmware v1.1 for x1850

Is there a way to get back to Vers. 1.0? If not I will return my mixer. It’s really no fun to play with. Way to many bugs for a stable release.

Anyone know of a way to get the X1850 firmware to the previous version?

The update is now gone from the website. So other people can’t brick their devices anymore.

Any chance the v1.0 (or whatever version was used at time of shipping) can be posted on the website for people to put it back on?

1 Like

It would be good if Denon can confirm a regression to v1.0 is possible and then publish the download on this site.

Seriously, I’d hate to use this in a club while stuck on v1.1. Future Updates are going to terrify me if there is no way to revert if (when) it goes pear shaped. The release notes look great and it’s nice to see Denon engineers address issues that maybe no one even noticed yet, but I’m left wondering how new bugs were introduced that mean my mixer doesn’t reliably… well… ‘mix’. Showstopping issues slipping in to the Release, I mean actual silence coming out of channels unexpectedly, filters and effects remaining active as you try to kill them. Sigh.

I will say it’s thought. Did a few sets and when u go back and review and talk to listeners… they are like heard funny things happening while you performed.

1 Like

I’d like to submit bug reports but have not figured out the steps to reproduce yet.

After the 1.1 update the x1850 have some issues. I hope Denon give us the opportunity to downgrade to 1.0 or fix it with 1.2…

1 Like

Me too, more issues with 1.1. On the weekend I had updated my X1850 to 1.1

• Channel Fader Start on channel one starts channel 4
  • Channel Fader Start on channel two starts cahnnel 3
  • Channel Fader Start 3 and 4 doesn’t work
  • X Fader Start only starts channel 3 and 4 despide the positions of switches A/B
  • The coloring of the cues are not taking over from the SC6000M,
  • By powering on color scheme is going to blue/green/green/blue despite what is definded in the settings
  • The knobs of the sweep FX doesn’t work sometimes even by pressing harder.

So far I don’t see any issues with the SC6000M with the firmware 1.5.1

UPDATE I had connected the left players Ethernet connection into the mixers PC connection. When I connect the left players Ethernet into Ethernet Link 1 and the right players Ethernet into Ethernet Link 3 of the X1850 everything is working fine so far, the fader start are working as expected and the coloring of the cues are getting the right colors.

That’s all to do with the order of the network plugs in the back of the mixer. I think it’s page 16 in the Mixer Manual , but that’s only from memory . Which network port you plug each deck into determines which fader eachlayer goes to

1 Like

The FX cue doesn’t work on Hajlecho, Reverb and Echo hold. No sound. With FX cue with the slider Bitcrush depth doesn’t work, the knob works. Roll doesn’t have any effekt during FX cue. Beatbrake, Scratch also no effekt. FX with Instant on often doesn’t switch off when the slider area is released. Even pressing the on/off FX button doesn’t switch off FX. Sometimes the buttons don’t react. I thought I need to press it harder but that’s not the case, they can switch with less pressure. That happens on nearly all buttons.

I’m experiencing these things also and other things. I posted one report with a video already. The next one will be for random beat fx assignment to a channel other than what’s selected on the by the knob on the mixer.

If you guys suspect a bug then make a report about it also.

Check here to see if this is what you are experiencing.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/bpm-fx-on-off-behaviour-glitchy/25093

Yes its the same behaviour as you described but when I start only the mixer its working fine. I have disconnected the ethernet connections from the mixer, now the buttons are reacting like expected. Only the FX cue doesnt work as I had explained.

Great solution, but is it good for live performance? Or a centrepiece solution? You gave me a good place to check though. Before going all primed out with my 5km and x1850 was only using my IPhone, vinyl, and loop station and it was all good. Only when I updated and started only primed this started happening.

I will unplug my ethernet cable and observe.

But still the encoder for FX select sometimes “hangs” its not changing the FX some steps but jumps over. It seems the processor is busy with something else than scan the buttons and knobs.

Gents,

In the meantime version 1.0 is available to revert to:

https://www.denondj.com/downloads#x1850

3 Likes

Pleased to report the download tool (I’m on Mac) is simple to use and successfully re-flashed ver 1.0. aaaand… the X1850 is very responsive again.

2 Likes

Yes it works fine after installing firmware 1.0 but still problems with cuing FX: Hajlecho, Reverb and Echo Hold still gets no sound and Bitcrush, Roll, Revroll, Beatbrake and Scratch has no effect or doesn’t change the effekt on the slider touch.

I already reverted back to 1.0 but there was one thing I forgot to add. I could not midi map the mixer in 1.1. no signal from the mixer to the computer. 1.0 midi is working again.