New Firmware v1.1 for x1850

oh ok…ya you probably misread. I was replying/providing info on the release notes.

I believe a firmware was quietly released but so many people had issues with it so Denon sent out their ninjas and took it down as quiet as it was posted lol

Just hang tight and wait for the new release to come back polished up.

Hope that clears it.

1 Like

Many thanks yes ive noticed Denon dropping these quiet updates is this normal for them as it is somewhat unsettling

1 Like

I think you nailed it :joy:

1 Like

No, not really; the last few fw updates were promoted from what I recall but they were also big updates (at least for the players) but they did promote the X1800 update as well as they had added a couple of effects and wanted to show that the mixer will gain new features with updates.

All should be fine soon :smiley:

I hope so sadly im having to send my players back as the firmware update for the 6000s did not address the problem with the jog wheels when scratching so I am hoping this can be fixed as I really like the players and have got used to using them.

And when a new firmware solves this, then you’re going to buy them again?

I think he is implying that he had a hardware issue. @Kinsotojin what was your issue with the 6000’s?

Don’t be a Pulse, Reese :smiley: lol (j/k)

1 Like

Can’t remember, but it was platter response in vinyl mode, which became better after removing the platter foil.

Anyway, we are working on improving response, as I experienced it also. Just curious to see sentences like “going to send it back” so often lately.

1 Like

Ya I hear ya and was really making a joke. I am glad you are staying on top of it.

I think $#!t happens no matter how much one tries to prevent it but when you put your feet in the shoes of the customers, there is always going to be some emotions that might get in the way of seeing things clearly. When we spend thousands on gear, we expect them to be perfect and this is no secret for the companies like Pioneer and Denon, etc. so acknowledging that we’re all human and will make mistakes from time to time, the best way to address this is through great customer service. The last thing any user wants to deal with when faced with an issue with brand new gear is a lack of support.

This won’t be achieved here on the forum, it will need to be addressed through the structure and budget of the company but it doesn’t mean we all can’t or shouldn’t help either.

We saw these issues with the first wave of Prime gear and we will see it with the next. This too shall pass.

These are complex machines, but in the end they still need to be perfect indeed.

To elaborate i am sending the players back as my retailer advised me to do this so the players can be looked at by Denon to see what the issue is, with the intent on the players being fixed and returned to me. I like the players and want to keep them they are not working properly at this moment in time despite the recent update.

1 Like

Don’t think it’s mechanical, unless you have a hard ticking noise when spinning.

I have not heard that noise from either player, I was confident it was a stability issue fixable by the firmware update however i am no engineer and best for me to have someone qualified to determine the issue.

True. It could even be that the players perform better at another location or even another person. Please check that when you have the chance; different grounding, different person.

The latest firmware seems to have addressed it was only a brief test but there was no issues when I used it.

Great! Platter response was improved with 1.5.3.

So you didn’t send them back?! :wink:

The irony is i am still waiting for my retailer to contact me but I went on Denon’s website and saw the update and so far so good, I dont want to celebrate just yet as i have a set to do in an hour but if I get through it with none of the previous issues ill be happy. The only other thing is the mixer and the gate knob that causes a drop out in sound. There was no firmware update in relation to that to my knowledge.

Remember. Public beta 1.6 does not contain the controller update for platter response that release 1.5.3 has!

1 Like

Hey Everyone,

New X1850 firmware v1.2 is now available. This release was focused on stability and usability improvements. More details and download link can be found in the thread below. Thanks!

https://community.enginedj.com/t/firmware-update-x1850-prime-v1-2/26294/2

3 Likes

Thanks, will download and flash tomorrow. Looking forward to the improvements. @JWiLL

1 Like