New firmware update coming for January?

Ah. I just assumed since both products run on MCS, it was the same development team.

Long month for sure as we wait but I predict a pretty nice firmware update announced at NAMM with lots of optimizations and added features for our players. I also have a feeling they’ll be announcing a new controller and possibly some integration on lighting. And my gut says we also get a permanent price drop on the sc5000 (the M will stay the same) to maybe 1499 or somewhere around there. We have some very good momentum after the holiday discounts and I think they have some good things coming for us! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What is MCS?

Look at the sticker top left on an SC! :sunglasses:

An MPC Live has the same Multi Core System.

The CPU in the deck, I forget where I read it but I believe it was a teardown someone did where they spotted that it’s an ARM STM32F.

It’s a Rockchip quad core based on ARM. See other topic.

My thoughts on the SC5000M's 2 months in! Short Review and Requests.

Guys i have a source who work for Inmusic who say there are no firmware update before March… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: For the release of the Prime4… there are lot of bug to fix and improve with Engine software too and 8months since september it’s starting to get very long …

1 Like

Hmmmmm have faith! I’ve heard the opposite from an Inmusic source! lol

Guess we’ll find out in a few days!!

1 Like

Really mate ? it’s cool if it’s true ! We really need a new firmware update @Chloe_DENONDJ

Yup! I think we all agree on that!! :stuck_out_tongue:

And what is the opposite of March?

I think he means sooner rather than later.

Yes, thank you! : )

I’ve spotted 1.3 being beta tested in the wild - me thinks somethings coming!!! Hoping sooner rather than later!!

3 Likes

Oooooh. Do tell

Not sure what’s on it, but I saw a photo with someone using an SC5K with version 1.3 on it that they were testing. No other details unfortunately.

It does confirm that something’s coming though. Hoping for high end roll off & pitch resolution increase!

4 Likes

The problem if it’s beta we will not see this before 1 month or two

Mmmyeah… depends on when they started it though. I just saw it’s happening but no idea how long they’ve been doing it for…

Sooo nothing new for the SC5000 and the X1800 for the Namm Show I’m a little disappointed guys :tired_face: