New feature voting

Has anyone used up all 10 of their “New Feature Requests” votes yet?

I’m about halfway through mine so far.

It’s really good. It’s like having a budget to keep to, and it’s really making me thing hard about exactly what features I simply “think” are “sorta nice” and which features would really make a difference to my performance or preparation.

For example (and I am NOT trying to start any fires here)… I have used one of my 10 votes for on-player editing (on the fly) of the songs tags (artist, title etc). However I haven’t used up one of my votes for on-player (on the fly) star ratings.

I know other people use, or possibly even rely on stars but, I’m spending my votes, not theirs.

How’s everyone else’s voting going?

1 Like

I have only 4 left. I think, that this is also made in a way, to slow us down. First we vote for some features. Devs have time to implement a small batch of most wanted features. Then we get back our votes from these features, and cycle starts again. We vote, they develop, when done, we can vote again. So Devs have less to focus on, so they can actually deliver it better, not stressing about other features for some time.

Well, at least I think that is the idea… Tell me if I’m wrong…

1 Like

I think you’re right on that. I’m wondering what features they’re working on already, before the new voting system started. Obviously some patches for 2.0 and 2.0.1 but maybe other things besides.

Advocate of the devil. If we knew, we wouldn’t vote for those and we’d get a “this feature got more votes, but they put their time and effort in other less voted features”.

If they’re already working on features that we voted on, well get them back faster anyways.

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

I ve got 3 left.

it will be nice if after a pre-defined vote threshold (eg 50 votes) is reached we can get an “under consideration” update

and after a reasonable predefined consideration period (eg 28 days) we get another update to inform us “under development” or “technically not-possible”

That way we can unvote and keep it moving

Similar to how we take requests at gigs

Setting the feature in public area as under development gives away to the competition the info what is coming next. That is not good marketing wise…

But they (competition) can read the votes already…what’s stopping them from using our public votes as market research already

They can see the numbers already

That’s a lot of “already” i know

Votes are just user requests - things that people want, not what the company does in that moment.

You made a wise choice: in fact if it were possible to edit all the songs TAGs available in the database, then consequently it would be possible to edit the stars (rating) ALSO :wink: It is always a TAG like any other.

I have only one token left! :sob:

same same

So many requests, so little tokens…

Soundtrack to this

This is just nasty, I can’t unsee that video either lmao hahaha

1 Like

The day will come when @JWiLL will write: “Ladies and gentlemen, the voting is closed. Now let’s see what are the requests that have won the elections and which will be implemented over the next few months”. :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes