New Feature Request Voting Process 2021

Thanks, @Nitebeatz

we will see, how the procedure will grow up :innocent:

Hi All,

The new feature request area is now available. Please let us know here if you have any trouble using or understanding the new system.

Feature Request Category

Thanks!

3 Likes

First question: in the explanation message (this) you talk about requests for Engine DJ. So where should the requests for Engine OS go? Will there be another group?

Great question! Engine DJ is both (Desktop and OS) platforms. Just specify in the request title that your request is for OS, Desktop or both. I think I will add this to the template as well.

1 Like

…

Does posting a feature request automatically use 1 of the OP’s votes?

No. Requesting (creating threads) and voting are separate. You can create unlimited requests. :slight_smile:

Adding to this topic.

A request WITHOUT the use of the given TEMPLATE will be REJECTED without notice.

3 Likes

Thanks, @Reese, for highlighting that.

All,

Please be sure to read the topic below before submitting requests.

:wave: Start Here - How to Share Your Idea and Vote - FEATURE REQUESTS - Official Denon DJ Forum

2 Likes

When the tokens are gone, is there any way to get more? For example get some tokens after a certain amount of time? Or get back the token that was used to rate a feature that was obtained in the latest release?

Otherwise a user who remains without tokens will no longer be able to vote for any new features? He would be cut off from democracy! :joy:

3 Likes

So:

Did you read the starting post above?

3 Likes

Yes I read it. But it doesn’t say if we can get more tokens over time. I can vote on a request and then remove my vote, ok that’s clear, but it means I’ve changed my mind about that feature.

Once the feature has been implemented, the vote token is returned to the user automatically,

I think you’re asking for this, recover tokens/votes on request implementation

2 Likes

Every user just gets ten tokens, so once someone here has voted for ten things, they can’t vote for anything else as well… not 11 things, not 111 things, not 1000 things (which was the problem with the previous voting option, no one had to think about voting with a preference, as they could vote for absolutely everything (up to about 10 things a day).

But if you’ve used all your ten votes and some amazing new idea gets posted, you can unvote for your least wanted new feature and then vote for that new amazing idea. Similarly, if you voted for something that then get implemented, your vote is released from that feature, and you can place that spare vote on any other feature request, which you haven’t already got a vote on.

3 Likes

I think the potential issue is that features may not get implemented for several years (or ever) and a Denon employee has recently said they’re not going to state which ones are forthcoming etc. so we have no way of knowing if or when our tokens will ever be released.

If we all use up our ten tokens, then any new requests cannot be voted for without removing an existing vote and therefore lowering the likelihood of the old request being implemented.

5 Likes

I was thinking, the reason they probably limited it to 10 tokens was so that it tempers our expectations. I mean, let’s look at this logically. The most we can probably hope for within’ version cycles (2.X.X,3.X.X, 4.X.X, etc…) is 10 substantial feature request updates. It forces us to focus in our most desired requests, while at the same time giving the development team a limited, and more realistic target for implementing what we want.

I’m cool with it.

I’ve already begun focusing in on what matters to me most in the near term, and have been voting accordingly. Though, only having a total of 10 tokens to account for both Engine OS and Engine DJ does feel a bit limited to me. I mean, we’re trying to build a better ecosystem here. Whatever though, I’ll make it work.

2 Likes

Hello @powerline Welcome to the forum.

Did You actually read this?

1 Like

Did now!! :grimacing::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: Glad to hear we get our tokens back baby!!

1 Like

Is there a spot to check how many votes you have cast? Can’t seem to find that anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Should be in your profile.

Activity - Votes.