Network link 2 sc5000 to destop pc

Using Serato yes, but not if you want to use Engine Prime, as Pio-djs, can use RecordBox.

Is connecting to Engine in the pipeline…?

We’ll never know until the day it happens, that’s if it happens

As far as I know, it is. But when will be done… No one knows yet.

As far as I know, it’s not. If you can link to a post by a denon mod confirming that it is please show me.

Post not sure, but had it in one of talks online…I think it was confirmed on the livestream recently

I don’t see the point really. It’s bringing a laptop in when a laptop isn’t needed, like just bringing g it along as a hard drive and as a search keyboard, and the search is pretty good on prime already.

Perhaps not for you but I will use it.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/laptop-pc-link-for-ep/13590?u=mufasa

1 Like

If it’s not in written form on the official comunication channel (forum, fb page or email) - it’s not confirmed. So don’t write that it is. We have had plenty of disapointments from Denon before, no need for one more. :smiley:

Have you ever actually used this feature on other products? Again, don’t knock it until you try it. It’s very useful when you need a massive library and quick search (such as for requests) and are willing to have a laptop off to the side or behind you, or you want to build a specific future laptop-free set list and, again, do so with a massive library and quick search while at home. Any laptop and any hard drive is capable of sending tracks to the decks. It’s also much easier to set up than MIDI/HID if you’re simply saying “why not just do controller stuff if you’re going to have a laptop present.” There’s a reason why old Denon did this and Pioneer has done this for so long. It can be extremely quick, useful, and reliable.

2 Likes

You didn’t seen it it does not mean that is not confirmed.

You’re kidding me…

So here I am, staring at my brand new SC5000m’s that arrived today. Not only is it not recognising a memory stick that works (I have others but it’s a worrying start) but I can’t plug it into my Desktop or a Laptop? Holy F’ !!!

So as my Girlfriends birthday soon I’ve also ordered her a brand decent new laptop (she still has CD wallets and an old clunky laptop running Windows 95) so she can sort all her tunes on that and just plug it in anytime she wants to DJ (which will be more than me) due to arrive tomorrow but fairly redundant as she could just use my PC to run off sticks… but I don’t want her on my PC it’s for making music and she’s not very PC savvy!

I don’t even DJ anymore, I produce, most of my stuff is on my PC and CBA burning CD’s so thought this would be an exepensive luxury but would make life so simple and seamless… “treat yaself” I thought.

So after being furloughed, I thought sod it… £3.5k invested in a new setup (I can’t really afford) but it doesn’t do what I would expect. I now have to buy a couple of HDD’s (as I’m not ■■■■■■■ around with multiple sticks) and then make sure they are updated, in line with my PC and her’s in line with her laptop and then keep plugging it in and out of devices - computers, digital music, it’s all suppossed to streamline, this is like having CD’s (that burn much quicker and hold much more date) Not on!

Word of warning… don’t assume kids! Like I did, it’s fu**ing expensive!

I beg you guys please jump on this update it’s a fairly crucial one and this assumption that “DJ’s don’t like lugging round their laptops” is a get out of jail excuse. Right now I’m considering sending these back in luie of Nexus 900’s, genuinly gutted!! Was literally going to chuck em on Facebook later saying Adios Pioneer! Denon’s back in town. Major flaw IMO, massive! I did loads of research before parting with that money but missed this!

You can use Serato with the SC5000M’s for music that is on the laptop.

1 Like

Thanks for reply… think I’ve heard of it, will it just act like a HDD or will it just turn the SC’s into midi controllers for it’s interface? Off the top of your head of course

Not like HDD but like controller (serato)

PC link play is in the pipeline for the Engine ecosystem

Click on link below and like the first post

https://community.enginedj.com/t/laptop-pc-link-for-ep/13590?u=mufasa

1 Like

It’s not hard, just buy a hard drive, let engine analyse your music, plug hard drive into prime, play music

1 Like

Thanks Mufasa, just liked it, thank you for your help!

See that’s the problem with Serato but really appreciate everyone’s suggestions, these are far too expensive to just become midi controllers. I could have bought two synthesizers for the price and had enough change to buy controllers. The Vinyl jog wheel certainly doesn’t make up for that (although it is bloomin’ sexy to an old vinyl junky).

I wanna champion the Denon’s over Pioneer for sure, so after my initial reaction decided to be patient and let them play catch up… if they do what they say they will do on their thread it could be better than Pioneer’s RB setup… then I had a spin last night…

I noticed the pitch control doesn’t seem to work immediately in some instances, AYE? like when you first start a track and it hasn’t yet scanned in properly which I just find odd! I dealt with it but it was a pain in the arse for someone who mixes quickly. I think/hope that will change when I run them through Engine Prime as these were just MP3’s on a stick without any “ecosystem” involvement but I shouldn’t need to do that for such a basic, crucial function, after all these are Standalone players as I keep hearing as excuses for certain things.

Has simple pitch manipulation been so overly engineered now in order to please the dross that just use a sync button?

Also can’t seem to set the pitch for more or less than -/+8 , sure I can find the setting and press it, but it doesn’t actually change anything or register on the screen… again will see if Engine Prime changes that, maybe it can’t apply the right algorithm without being fully analysed.

But that then flies in the face of Denons comments about this being a “Standalone” player which is the reason given why allegedly it doesn’t support PC/Laptop, if it is just standalone player why is it at the mercy of an “Ecosystem”? Total paradox! It should just do what you tell it (when it comes to pitch control at the very least) I’m not asking it to stay in key (which would require processing) so it just seems a bit too “thinky” if indeed it needs Engine Prime to make this shiz work!.. if not it’s just faulty (at best) to someone that just wants to crack on and mix digitally.

Still struggling to understand where the wifi is too which is another thing these were sold to me on?

I’m getting dubious if I’m honest, I really don’t want to be!

Thanks DJ Didi, it’s clear what I have to do however when I bought these two “virtual midi controllers” for £1200 each knowing they will plummet the minute the SC6000 finally come out, I wasn’t expecting to have to keep 4 music environments up to date which is what I will have to do considering my setup and requirements.

It appears/transpires it would half the grief to use Pioneer (their solution still not perfect), but I’m doing my best to be sold on Denon.

No worries.

My advise is to keep getting familiar with your new set up. Been here since year 1 and we just seeing the result of multiple feature request and anger. Hell i know a user who sold his after the first few months and same user in the last few months bought them again. Its been that long lol.

Pitch unresponsive could be due to the soft takeover when you engage sync. Engine OS requires you to return the pitch fader to the absolute position before it becomes active again

You can use the pitch fader even when you load a track that hasnt been analysed such as just playing from a usb you dragged some mp3s to. This was enabled some firmware updates ago. I could be wrong though.

Default Pitch Range = Shift + Pitch Bend buttons would toggle through ranges

True standalone players - Turntables and CD players :grinning: Go to the store buy a record, CD or cassette, slap it on and profit.

1 Like

Tbf the Denton’s aren’t far off - download a track to your own, stick it in the SC, let it analyse and away you go! Not perfect, and definitely more of a vinyl feel of tracks are off on the gridding, but that’s part of the fun element that has been brought back, isn’t it?

1 Like