[NEED MORE INFO] Hour long track takes a few seconds to play after being triggered

• Software or Firmware Version: (1.2, 1.3.1, etc…) Latest.

• Steps to Reproduce: (Turn on unit, press button X, etc…) Play any LONG track

• Expected Result: (ex: It does X…) Immediate start after pressing play

• Actual Result: (ex: It does Y…) takes a few seconds to start playing

• Reproducibility: (ex: Happens 1 out of 10 times.) 100%

• Other Relevant Configuration Info: (ex: Plugged into a Windows 10 laptop.) I, often play hour long tracks of ambience when playing a downtempo set. It takes a few seconds to trigger play with longer tracks. Not sure what length is optimal vs delay.

• Operating System & Version (if applicable):

• Link to Video Repro:

If you select a long track , load it, and wait 30 seconds before pressing play, does it then play instantly?

Is the behaviour the same on the deck with the usb music plugged into it as it is on any networked players

@SirReal,

Thanks for the report!

Could you send a link to a track that you experience this with?

Hi @SirReal,

I have not been able to reproduce this in my environment. I have tested with 1hr, 1.5hr, and 2hr long mixes. All Wav files and over 1GB in size. They load and play instantly even if they haven’t been analyzed previously. I tested with v1.3.2.

Please provide the file that you experience this behavior with and we can look into it further.

Thanks!

Is this a development version? Latest I can find is v1.3.1 .

He probably means 1.3.1.

The Prime4 is the only with 1.3.2.

Apologies, I tested with PRIME 4 version 1.3.2 rather than SC5000/M v1.31. That is my mistake.

I’ll take another look on the players. Could you help to answer the questions below?

How many players are in your setup?

Does this happen on all decks or just decks that are pulling the media from a networked player?